Google Voice

Dave32

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a Google Voice app like GV Callback on Android.

I need a Google Voice app that uses callback.

Does anyone know if there are any apps in the Marketplace that supports callback

Thank You:D

yacir

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for any Google Voice App for wp7.
what I know of Google Voice, when you make a call from Google Voice ( web interface ), it first calls your number (that you select) and once you pick it up , it connects you to second party.

does it work same way (maybe on background) in wp7 device?
for example: if I don't have a SIM in my WP7 device, and device is connected to WiFi. can I make the call from any of the Google voice application?

thanking you in advance....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain this call back feature. Do you mean *66 where it will dial the last number that called you?
I am looking for a Google Voice app like GV Callback on Android.

I need a Google Voice app that uses callback.

Does anyone know if there are any apps in the Marketplace that supports callback

Thank You:D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use Go Voice, and I just removed my SIM and when I tried to make a call, it gave the "no sim - emergency calls only" error.
I have a question for any Google Voice App for wp7.
what I know of Google Voice, when you make a call from Google Voice ( web interface ), it first calls your number (that you select) and once you pick it up , it connects you to second party.

does it work same way (maybe on background) in wp7 device?
for example: if I don't have a SIM in my WP7 device, and device is connected to WiFi. can I make the call from any of the Google voice application?

thanking you in advance....

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Go Voice, and I just removed my SIM and when I tried to make a call, it gave the "no sim - emergency calls only" error.

well fisrt of all it uses DATA so yeah no SIM = NO GO

and second . most SIM phones if u take out SIM card its gona give you the NO SIM error.

if u can get arround the error u can activate your WIFI then use it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My wifi is active, it doesn't stop you from using WIFI DATA. I am able to surf the net, check facebook, twitter updates...but Go Voice still give the NO SIM error.
well fisrt of all it uses DATA so yeah no SIM = NO GO

and second . most SIM phones if u take out SIM card its gona give you the NO SIM error.

if u can get arround the error u can activate your WIFI then use it.

yacir

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the reply.
in android app, you have an option to say "always use xyz GV app to make calls".
maybe there's something similar....and your settings are by-default using SIM to make call.
see if you can get that kind of option, and then try to make a call without SIM.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No such options in the WP7 Go Voice app. I had similar options on my iPhone, but none here.
thanks for the reply.
in android app, you have an option to say "always use xyz GV app to make calls".
maybe there's something similar....and your settings are by-default using SIM to make call.
see if you can get that kind of option, and then try to make a call without SIM.

yacir

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
No such options in the WP7 Go Voice app. I had similar options on my iPhone, but none here.

thanks again for the reply...

that is exactly i was wondering at first place, that how come Go Voice app is working on wp7 device since Microsoft has not yet exposed socket API for developers.

that makes me think that GoVoice app is actually connecting to your cell by calling your SIM number and then connects to the other party. same as Google Voice does in web interface.

means, if you have a plan ( voice plan) that charges you for incoming call, you will be charged by making GoVoice calls ( because you're actually receiving call ).

is my understanding correct?
if it is correct, is it same for iPhone4?

pardon me if i'm wrong, as i'm kind of newbie in smart-phone's world :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're using your voice plan. Here's a response I got from another member

"It's not VOIP, uses Google call back feature and routes call through regular 1x voice. "

I'm pretty sure it's the same for the iPhone. But they have skype and that's VOIP.
thanks again for the reply...

that is exactly i was wondering at first place, that how come Go Voice app is working on wp7 device since Microsoft has not yet exposed socket API for developers.

that makes me think that GoVoice app is actually connecting to your cell by calling your SIM number and then connects to the other party. same as Google Voice does in web interface.

means, if you have a plan ( voice plan) that charges you for incoming call, you will be charged by making GoVoice calls ( because you're actually receiving call ).

is my understanding correct?
if it is correct, is it same for iPhone4?

pardon me if i'm wrong, as i'm kind of newbie in smart-phone's world :)

yacir

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

"It's not VOIP, uses Google call back feature and routes call through regular 1x voice. "

I'm pretty sure it's the same for the iPhone. But they have skype and that's VOIP.

yeah, that is preventing me to go and grab wp7 device.
I'm going to wait for wp7 update. hopefully they expose socket APIs as well as remove the restriction of 3rd party app multitasking.

carolibartels

Jan 19, 2011
priozil.org
I am wanting to you google voice but I would like to know a little more about it. I want to know if someone calls my google number and I answer it on my cell phone will my cell phone company charge me for the minutes I use?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you'll be using your minutes. It's just routing the call.
I am wanting to you google voice but I would like to know a little more about it. I want to know if someone calls my google number and I answer it on my cell phone will my cell phone company charge me for the minutes I use?

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I loaded GoVoice on my device.

When it makes a call, it advised you it is making the call via a 3rd party number.

That indicates to me the call is not a "callback" type number. For me, being in Canada, it will not work since I am billed for LD call.

I have posted a request for callback on developers blog

xcodezerox

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use Free talk app but getting errro "unable to retrive detail" what is this?
how to setup free talk to use this app.

Please advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99