Hi,

I have been struggling for the past hour. I just got a Samsung Focus and was trying out the Facebook App for WP 7 after downloading it. I searched for an acquaintance fo mine whome i wanted to send a friend request. But unfortunately i couldnt fina any option in the Facebook app. I want to know whether this is possible or whether i will have to use the web browser and access facebook natively for doing this..
    01-04-2011 10:15 AM
    After you do the search. Under the person's picture is a HUGE + sign with a circle around it, with the words "add as friend" next to it. I don't see how u could have missed it.
    Hi,

I have been struggling for the past hour. I just got a Samsung Focus and was trying out the Facebook App for WP 7 after downloading it. I searched for an acquaintance fo mine whome i wanted to send a friend request. But unfortunately i couldnt fina any option in the Facebook app. I want to know whether this is possible or whether i will have to use the web browser and access facebook natively for doing this..
    01-04-2011 10:19 AM
    Ok, So i did some more research. I believe there seems to be a bug. I have got an iPhone too so using the iPhone facebook app i found the add as friend link for that specific user but in the WP7 facebook app it wasnt there.
    But, i searched another user i wanted to add for that user i found the plus symbol.
    The difference between both the users was that the first user for whom the plus symbol did not show up did not have a profile picture set but the other one had...
    Any idea??
    01-04-2011 10:28 AM
    No, I just did a search and found someone without a profile pic. The add as friend + was in the same spot.
    Ok, So i did some more research. I believe there seems to be a bug. I have got an iPhone too so using the iPhone facebook app i found the add as friend link for that specific user but in the WP7 facebook app it wasnt there.
    But, i searched another user i wanted to add for that user i found the plus symbol.
    The difference between both the users was that the first user for whom the plus symbol did not show up did not have a profile picture set but the other one had...
    Any idea??
    thoughthalo likes this.
    01-04-2011 10:41 AM
    No, I just did a search and found someone without a profile pic. The add as friend + was in the same spot.
    Ok, I think then it might be a one off issue with that specific user. Really appreciate your prompt response and research on this issue.. You rock!!
    01-04-2011 10:44 AM