Ability to Highlight in WP7 Kindle App

Lunaobscurus

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a Kindle and WP7 user who normally makes heavy use of the highlighting feature on the Kindle. I have not seen a way to create highlights on the WP7 app. Am I missing something?

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that when this question was posted, the WP7 Kindle app didn't support the creation of highlighting or annotations. I'm resurrecting the thread to ask whether it has those features now.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for replying. I'll be taking a careful look at WP8, but this one detail will weigh heavily against my going with the platform. I have to wonder whether Amazon is intentionally withholding these features, and if so, why.

It's now confirmed that there will be a Kindle app for BB10 when it's launched in 2013, but I wonder if this will also be a generation 1.x app.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread to see if anything has changed.
Does Kindle for WP have highlight creation and annotation yet? I know there were some updates to it in 2013.

Also, in reference to the BB10 app, it was an Android port, so it had all the features of the Android app.

Full disclosure: I've been using an Android device (S4) for about five months now, but I would certainly consider a return to WP. Since, however, Kindle is one of my most-used apps, I need it to have all the features, not a subset. That's why I bump this thread occasionally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon