Adobe Reader save location?

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all.

Does anyone know if there's a way of saving the last read location of a file on the Adobe Reader app? I haven't noticed any option to do so. When I close the app and reopen it, I'm instantly taken back to the main menu, and selecting the last file will just take me to the first page.

Which, quite frankly, makes the app pretty damned useless unless you have a good memory at remembering page numbers. Or if everything you read is under 10 pages and can be read in one sitting.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
That's really not a feature I'd expect in a 1.0 release of a mobile Acrobat reader. The Kindle app saves the last read location, and it's possible, although a little cumbersome, to read PDFs via Kindle. That's a solution I'll be looking into trying soon.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The Kindle app saves the last read location, and it's possible, although a little cumbersome, to read PDFs via Kindle. That's a solution I'll be looking into trying soon.

This is exactly what I was trying to do. I've been able to convert the PDF to a Kindle file (using Mobipocket Creator), but I don't think there's a way to sync the new file to the Kindle app.

It's possible to do so to an actual Kindle by emailing your @kindle email address, but as far as I can tell you can't do this with the app. Pretty lame that one can't (at least I can't figure out how) sync Kindle from the PC software to the phone app by USB connection. Unless, I'm guessing, one uses the runaround method to read the phone as a USB device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb