The App Situation

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to point out it is getting a lot better. With the release of score-mobile(beta, but still pretty good) we finally have a decent sports app that will get better with updates. Now this Flory app (YES!!) I am very excited about, now we have a gmail chat client. VERY useful. Amazon is on board, Netflix jumped in and also made an awesome app. The marketplace is growing steadily, I'd say things are looking good. There are just a couple gaps that need to be filled like perhaps a free Voice Nav app (please Google? or maybe MS will update Bing with this), and some mobile banking apps for the major banks. Still waiting on a dedicated Sky Drive app.

Also, if you want better apps, rate and review! spur the developer to improve their apps! it really works. Games and apps like Swipy Man, Impossible Shoota, Scribble Defense, Quick List, and other became so much better because of this.

Oh and btw, for all you gamers, have you checked out the IGN app? It is probably one of the most well designed app I've ever used. I applaud the developer of that one.

I hope the momentum continues.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To be truthful, the score mobile only gets a "meh" from me. It's only useful because it's pretty much the only one available. ESPN and Yahoo have much better apps on other platforms. The Flory app is good news, but WP7 is still way behind in IM apps. Not to be a debbie downer, but I don't see how things are looking up.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
To be truthful, the score mobile only gets a "meh" from me. It's only useful because it's pretty much the only one available. ESPN and Yahoo have much better apps on other platforms. The Flory app is good news, but WP7 is still way behind in IM apps. Not to be a debbie downer, but I don't see how things are looking up.
I kinda agree. WP7 is great, but it needs a serious push from Microsoft. I expect that from the first update, MIX, where we'll hopefully see a more mature SDK, MWC, and of course the launch of CDMA devices.

It's funny how similar the situation is from last year, with the hopes of the platform placed largely on these two events, at least for me.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I kinda agree. WP7 is great, but it needs a serious push from Microsoft. I expect that from the first update, MIX, where we'll hopefully see a more mature SDK, MWC, and of course the launch of CDMA devices.

It's funny how similar the situation is from last year, with the hopes of the platform placed largely on these two events, at least for me.

agreed. Microsoft really has to impress at MWC with both new hardware and future updates. I Love the OS but its kinda sad that lately everything that i have been impressed with is coming from android.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I agree too. I'm all for getting the OS working with no bugs, but come one. This is 2011 and we see the phones that run Android. You have to move faster, you can't play catchup anymore. Google is aggressive in their OS development (for better or worse), and MS is not used to playing catchup. I think they will be a major player, but will people give up on WP7 because they don't want to wait...

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've really enjoyed having my WP7 phone in its infancy. It's a perpetual state of excitement to see what comes out every day/week. I mean, it can only get better and its already pretty good. It's a fun wave to be riding.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've really enjoyed having my WP7 phone in its infancy. It's a perpetual state of excitement to see what comes out every day/week. I mean, it can only get better and its already pretty good. It's a fun wave to be riding.

+1 on this one I'm sure that there are many other people who also find themselves on this "perpetual state of excitement" bandwagon, I'm sure this OS will evolve neatly into what it truly is (a great OS) its pretty apparent that this is good enough to not be considered a "throw away" so to speak and with the amount of money Microsoft has to throw at it, I honestly think they're more concerned with creating software consumers love using rather than worry about where there competition is. (don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure they do their fair share of market watching) I'm just saying they have their priorities set differently than other companies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos