Best GPS Exercise / Running App

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Focus yesterday and am loving it! I was wondering what the best GPS Exercise / Running app out there is. I'm looking for something that posts to Facebook after you've completed a run with the distance and run time. Thanks!

apc_monk

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was going to be looking for a running app soonand will have to check that one out

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My problem now is I need to find a way to keep my phone on me. It's longer than my BlackBerry so I'm worried it might fly out of my pocket. I'm curious what other people do.

sleepyme

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Another one to check out is Outdoor Navigation.

Outdoor Navigation

It allows you to record your track progress on maps, planned routes, and a whole trip computer with statistics. You can download the trial in the marketplace, but you hav eto pay for full features (listed in the link).

Edit: On second thought, I just used Endomondo and it is FANTASTIC. Felt a little unprepared holding the phone in my hand though (I really need to come up with a way to avoid that), and I pressed the pause button twice because of it. Luckily for the audio assistance, it made me aware that I was pausing and resuming it. lol

Last edited:

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using RunSat. There is a free version that, from what I can tell, is only different in that it will ask if you want to buy the full version. It has been excellent at tracking and reporting.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@sleepyme I went to Best Buy and found a arm band phone holder that fits the phone. They've got an athletics section with a bunch of cases. The Armpocket Sport 20 arm band can hold my Samsung Focus with the case on. I really like it.

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have probably tried 10 running/exercising apps with WP7 and Endomondo is easily the best. Its great for running, cycling, skating, skiing, rowing, walking, hiking, riding, etc. It records time, distance, avg speed, calories, and much more. The greatest part is you can look at the history and track your progress.

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you tried Runtastic?
I used that on my BB as well as on an Iphone.

I like it for the most part, not liking how i have to stay in the app for it to be active since i'm an avid music changer.

Have any of you noticed issues with the apps as far as distance goes? Mine was off, i ran 2 miles turned around and went back and it showed 1.6

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Deeklift is good stuff. In beta testing Marathon (Gps tracking app), but it is way off on its elevation. I rode at sea level for 15 miles flat as a pancake and it said I gained over 1300'.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've tested runtastic, endomondo and smartrunner:

Smartrunner has the best web platform (clean, easy to use) and best app functionality (elevation and avg charts in the app) but inacceptable app stability after version 2.6 (fast app switching kills/freezes track data).
GPX-file upload only produces tracks with lost speed information.

Runtastic is super stable, but lacks charts in the app. In the web it's confusing and statistics are weird (I prefer elevation vs. distance instead of elev. vs. time).
GPX-file upload works fine.

Endomondo is as stable and simple as Runtastic (app), but cannot describe why I don't like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET