Zune Video Aspect Ratio Question

SilverRubicon

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to have the Zune media player display a video in it's proper aspect ratio? Or does it always scale the image to fit the screen? I have letterboxed videos that I would like to watch without the actors appearing tall and skinny. I've played around with Handbrake but haven't found a way to solve the problem.

SilverRubicon

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, from what I've learned on the internets, this seems to be a shortcoming of the software in it's current incarnation.

I just bought this phone, but I've found quite a few little issues here and there over the past two weeks that may have deterred my investment if I knew about them beforehand. Great phone, but Microsoft is chasing a moving target at a glacial pace.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That seems kind of weird they wouldn't preserve the aspect ratio. So you basically have to match the ratio of the screen? Maybe Microsoft thought people would rather have full screen video than letterboxing.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That seems kind of weird they wouldn't preserve the aspect ratio. So you basically have to match the ratio of the screen? Maybe Microsoft thought people would rather have full screen video than letterboxing.

Well honestly, letterbox on an already widescreen seems too... Wide. But I can understand how the overly tall people would be annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans