07-02-2011 08:44 AM
79 1234
tools
    I don't use twitter but now I'm curious about what brainimpact had to say. Brainimpact- do you know if you were approaching the 15 tile limit?
    04-20-2011 03:04 PM
    Scratch that, a factory reset should have resolved any live tile issues.
    04-20-2011 03:06 PM
    A friend on twitter says the live tile as stopped working for him too on same day mine broke, maybe its a problem with moTweets, need to try confirm it with any others who use the app.
    All I remember doing differently the day it broke was switch WIFI off for an hour, when i switched it back to on tile never worked again, but I don't think its related to WIFI Toggling on/off b/c like I said earlier a Factory reset did not fix it.
    04-20-2011 04:58 PM
    Wow I had a big writeup on the various twitter Apps then board express crashed when I hit submit. Bottom line Birdsong is my 1st choice with moTweets,Twitter,Rowi,seesmic and beez

Sent from my T8788 WindowsPhone 7
    04-21-2011 02:47 AM
    I personally like the main twitter app myself.
    04-23-2011 09:06 AM
    I like beez, if only because of the live tile. Are there any other free twitter apps with live tiles?
    04-24-2011 08:57 AM
    I like beez, if only because of the live tile. Are there any other free twitter apps with live tiles?
    Rowi does a pretty good job of it. Seems to be a few bugs that are getting ironed out quickly by a very attentive/responsive developer.

I just sent feedback re: a dm notification on my live tile that won't go away. It being easter sunday, I don't expect a response today, but I bet tomorrow I'll hear something.

*edit* you'd said "free"..I don't know if the lite version had the notifications. For what they cost I don't mind trying the full versions of apps.
    04-24-2011 09:06 AM
    Not free, but both Rowi and moTweets have live tiles bit only for mentions or DM's I believe. Beeze is the only app that shows tweets, but it is painfully slow to open and close, so I had to move on.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-24-2011 11:08 AM
    Yeah-Beeze and I had a rather short affair as well.
    04-24-2011 12:25 PM
    Rowi's notifications stopped working for about a day, and just started working again. What's so hard about push for Wp7 that no one can get it right.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    04-24-2011 04:43 PM
    Well I had alot of problems with push on several iOS apps. Personally I think devs nickel and dime the push servers so with the increase in users causes them to flake out.

Sent from my T8788 WindowsPhone 7
    04-24-2011 07:03 PM
    i have BirdSong, moTweets Pro & TwittWP (recently d/led this) and i prefer BirdSong. the official twitter app is nice as well. i don't use it because i paid for the other apps and would rather use them because of that.
    04-25-2011 12:13 AM
    Yea, after installing the Rowi app my live tiles stopped working and I thought it was only Rowi, I since uninstalled Rowi and now my live tiles started working again, I paid for Rowi but I'm going to hold out for Birdsong.
    04-25-2011 02:33 PM
    I erased the free version of Rowi. I simply can't carry a microscope around with me to read my tweets, ya know?
    04-25-2011 10:07 PM
    Update on my live tile dm notification that wouldn't clear..rowi support got back to me today that the next update will address this known issue.
    04-25-2011 10:47 PM
    i downloaded rowi and haven't even set it up for live tiles (haven't pinned it), but i am really digging this app. one of my favorite things about it rowi is how i can type the @ and start typing the name of the person and a list of users show. this is the functionality i loved about other twitter apps on other mobile OS.
    04-25-2011 11:52 PM
    i downloaded rowi and haven't even set it up for live tiles (haven't pinned it), but i am really digging this app. one of my favorite things about it rowi is how i can type the @ and start typing the name of the person and a list of users show. this is the functionality i loved about other twitter apps on other mobile OS.
    This.

Now, is they could incorporate hashtags in the same fashion..
    04-26-2011 07:32 AM
    This.

Now, is they could incorporate hashtags in the same fashion..
    have you tried requesting this on their forums? i don't use hashtags aside from ones i tend to make up.

follow @rowiapp or just read their time line and you'll see what they told me & ctt1wbw on how to request features.
    cdub66 likes this.
    04-26-2011 11:48 AM
    I like Birdsong... Havent tried rowi yet...
    04-26-2011 12:03 PM
    I like Birdsong... Havent tried rowi yet...
    i do too, but i do prefer rowi now after trying it out.

i will probably buy it tonight...
    04-26-2011 12:14 PM
    Anybody use Seesmic? It's free and pretty full featured... They updated it a week or two ago with several new features, too. I've only used it a bit, but it seemed similar in quality to Birdsong.
    04-26-2011 01:23 PM
    I tried seesmic a few times, but after a few days of usage, I couldn't send updates. I haven't tried it again in a few weeks.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    04-26-2011 02:00 PM
    Anybody use Seesmic? It's free and pretty full featured... They updated it a week or two ago with several new features, too. I've only used it a bit, but it seemed similar in quality to Birdsong.
    I've been using it since I got my Focus a few months ago. I love Seesmic, and used it on my Android phone as well.
    04-27-2011 12:14 AM
    I've been using it since I got my Focus a few months ago. I love Seesmic, and used it on my Android phone as well.
    i knew i recognized your name! haha.

weren't you on CB as well as AC?
    04-27-2011 01:47 AM
    i knew i recognized your name! haha.

weren't you on CB as well as AC?
    Yup, I use the same handle on all of them (xda, webos as well).
    04-27-2011 10:05 AM
79 1234