07-02-2011 08:44 AM
79 1234
tools
    Yup, I use the same handle on all of them (xda, webos as well).
    haha... cool.
    04-27-2011 01:51 PM
    I'm now a Rowi (free) convert formerly of Beezz. While I liked the live tile count on Beeze, Rowi just seems smoother and remembers where I was in my timeline.
    04-28-2011 01:06 AM
    Sorry, I can't take Rowi. It's got no features, small font, nothing that can hold me. There's so few twitter clients for WP7, it's pathetic.
    04-28-2011 11:39 AM
    Having been through all these Twitter clients I can safely say none are as good as the worst iPhone client. The vast majority can't save your place in the time line, most are slow and sluggish, and an issue I have with them all is scrolling. It may be because I am used to an iPhone but almost every scroll down ends me in mentions or the next column to timeline, Why can I not turn of side ways scroll? I was happy with an icon to hit for mentions or messages not scrolling sideways
    04-28-2011 12:56 PM
    Give Twitt a try. Remembers it's place on the timeline, loads fast and easy to read. Not perfect but not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-28-2011 04:50 PM
    Having been through all these Twitter clients I can safely say none are as good as the worst iPhone client. The vast majority can't save your place in the time line, most are slow and sluggish, and an issue I have with them all is scrolling. It may be because I am used to an iPhone but almost every scroll down ends me in mentions or the next column to timeline, Why can I not turn of side ways scroll? I was happy with an icon to hit for mentions or messages not scrolling sideways
    This. Word.
    04-28-2011 09:55 PM
    Give Twitt a try. Remembers it's place on the timeline, loads fast and easy to read. Not perfect but not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    I tried Twitt, It like the rest of them OK but not great, in fact they are all basically the same, with none standing out as good.

What I would like in a twitter client is.

Big font
    Picture preview in timeline
    Client info used to post the tweet
    Links hash tags highlighted
    Icons for mentions, messages etc
    Push
    No sideway scrolling.

Its the sideway scrolling that really pisses me off. Do a hard swipe on an iPhone and it will take you to the bottom of the timeline, do a hard swipe on this and you end up in column beside, and even more frustrating is some clients once you go back to the timeline reload and plunk you right back at the start, so if you have made your way half way through the time line can be a major pain in the behind.

I'm at the stage now where its less hassle just to turn on the laptop and use twitter that try and fight with this.
    04-29-2011 03:00 AM
    unfortunately for you, the sidewise scrolling app is a staple of the metro interface
    04-29-2011 09:18 AM
    Gotta learn to be more accurate with your hard swipes it sounds like. I never go into other columns when trying to go up/down. That UI flow is a large part of Metro, so you are pretty much stuck with it in most places on the phone.
    04-29-2011 09:35 AM
    Okay, the latest update to MoTweets pro is pure teh shibby. It's a great update!
    04-29-2011 12:57 PM
    Right my issues with scrolling left and right have been resolved, The problem was my thumb, if I use my finger all is fine, its the thumb that does go exactly up and down, it goes more in a curve and thus leads to side swiping. I am now using Rowi and all is grand.
    04-29-2011 04:01 PM
    Gotta learn to be more accurate with your hard swipes it sounds like. I never go into other columns when trying to go up/down. That UI flow is a large part of Metro, so you are pretty much stuck with it in most places on the phone.
    yeah... neither do i. in fact, at times, i'll have to swipe again.
    04-30-2011 12:15 AM
    So I bought Rowi, which may be around the 40th Twitter client that I own, not including Kiwi on the Mac... wow.

Anyway, it's pretty nice, although I need a microscope to read the fonts. It has no features at all. I went back to MoTweets Pro.
    05-07-2011 09:05 PM
    by the way, rowi's next update will include font sizing...
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    05-11-2011 09:24 AM
    2 things that would make Birdsong perfect for me. 1, picture hosts options and usernames in capital letters. PPL say Rowi is the fastest client, but for me on my HTC it lags a little while scrolling. I dont get that with Birdsong
    05-17-2011 12:25 AM
    My biggest complaint with the "speed" of birdsong is the loading time. I just did an informal load test, and rowi took 11 seconds from startup to newly loaded timeline, while birdsong took 32 seconds.
    05-17-2011 09:33 AM
    2 things that would make Birdsong perfect for me. 1, picture hosts options and usernames in capital letters. PPL say Rowi is the fastest client, but for me on my HTC it lags a little while scrolling. I dont get that with Birdsong
    It lags on my Focus as well. It is the single reason I have not purchased the app yet.

Also, why is the option to fullscreen-view profile pictures such a rare feature in these apps? I came from webOS, and almost every app had this functionality.
    05-17-2011 09:59 AM
    Yeah, I finally ditched Birdsong for Rowi. The speed difference is incredible.
    My biggest complaint with the "speed" of birdsong is the loading time. I just did an informal load test, and rowi took 11 seconds from startup to newly loaded timeline, while birdsong took 32 seconds.
    05-17-2011 10:02 AM
    I've only tried a few but am still using the official Twitter application. I just downloaded Beezz and I am going to try that out.
    05-17-2011 05:15 PM
    Birdsong has just been updated. Didn't see a change log. Giving it a go now.
    05-18-2011 04:14 PM
    I noticed in the "features" log that is has live tile, was that a feature before? All I know is, it still doesn't save your place in the timeline, and it still takes forever to load...
    05-18-2011 04:40 PM
    Birdsong has just been updated. Didn't see a change log. Giving it a go now.
    I think it was an update to fix the Live Tile/Notifications not working.
    05-18-2011 05:08 PM
    Must have been a crappy fix, because Live Tile/Notifications still not working.
    I think it was an update to fix the Live Tile/Notifications not working.
    05-19-2011 08:39 AM
    Birdsong does not error now on my HD7 when saving the Live tile now to wait and see if it's working properly for me.

Edit nope notifications and Live tile still not working

Before Birdsong I used the following
    I liked Twitt and its interface but no Live tile :-(
    Official Twitter app, I did not like the interface at all
    Beezz the first Twitter app to have live tiles but I do find it slow, plus since the NoDo update the tile is stuck on 30 notifications on the Live tile.
    Last edited by awarner; 05-19-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    05-19-2011 10:54 AM
    I use MoTweets Pro, and I can't fault it.....
    Used to use Beezz, but the lack of support was a let down!
    05-28-2011 05:32 PM
79 1234