What's the Best Twitter App?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Birdsong has been my favorite but I have been using Breezz too becaues I need the push, this might sound stupid but I use the brezz for the push but use birdsong, I thought they were coming out with a push update but its been to long I think I'm going to try Rowi, I hope its good on the eyes like Birdsong, it is very easy to read without having to put my glasses on LOL brezz I need my glasses eveytime ..

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using MoTweets Paid version(ad free it runs very slick) for about 6 weeks and was very happy lots of features, various themes and font sizes, translation, picture wall, ect.
any way today live tile stopped working even won't work after factory reset apart from that very good.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok liked the lite version of Rowi and liked it so I purchased the paid version and the live tiles and toast does not work at all ?
does anyones live tiles work ?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine work. Did you uninstall the free version first. When I first opened Rowi, it asked did I want to enable Push notifications. Once you have that set up, you can go in and change whether you want tile and toast on DMs and Mentions.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine work. Did you uninstall the free version first. When I first opened Rowi, it asked did I want to enable Push notifications. Once you have that set up, you can go in and change whether you want tile and toast on DMs and Mentions.

I uninstalled the free one after I installed the paided one, I thought that was the problem so I uninstaled the paid one and reinstalled with no luck still

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't use twitter but now I'm curious about what brainimpact had to say. Brainimpact- do you know if you were approaching the 15 tile limit?

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
A friend on twitter says the live tile as stopped working for him too on same day mine broke, maybe its a problem with moTweets, need to try confirm it with any others who use the app.
All I remember doing differently the day it broke was switch WIFI off for an hour, when i switched it back to on tile never worked again, but I don't think its related to WIFI Toggling on/off b/c like I said earlier a Factory reset did not fix it.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow I had a big writeup on the various twitter Apps then board express crashed when I hit submit. Bottom line Birdsong is my 1st choice with moTweets,Twitter,Rowi,seesmic and beez

Sent from my T8788 WindowsPhone 7

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I like beez, if only because of the live tile. Are there any other free twitter apps with live tiles?

Rowi does a pretty good job of it. Seems to be a few bugs that are getting ironed out quickly by a very attentive/responsive developer.

I just sent feedback re: a dm notification on my live tile that won't go away. It being easter sunday, I don't expect a response today, but I bet tomorrow I'll hear something.

*edit* you'd said "free"..I don't know if the lite version had the notifications. For what they cost I don't mind trying the full versions of apps.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Not free, but both Rowi and moTweets have live tiles bit only for mentions or DM's I believe. Beeze is the only app that shows tweets, but it is painfully slow to open and close, so I had to move on.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi's notifications stopped working for about a day, and just started working again. What's so hard about push for Wp7 that no one can get it right.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I had alot of problems with push on several iOS apps. Personally I think devs nickel and dime the push servers so with the increase in users causes them to flake out.

Sent from my T8788 WindowsPhone 7

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i have BirdSong, moTweets Pro & TwittWP (recently d/led this) and i prefer BirdSong. the official twitter app is nice as well. i don't use it because i paid for the other apps and would rather use them because of that.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea, after installing the Rowi app my live tiles stopped working and I thought it was only Rowi, I since uninstalled Rowi and now my live tiles started working again, I paid for Rowi but I'm going to hold out for Birdsong.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Update on my live tile dm notification that wouldn't clear..rowi support got back to me today that the next update will address this known issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720