"Sharing" Zune Pass

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So there is an option to log other users into a single Zune Player? It is not entirely clear to me.

Those were two typos that you corrected. Thanks. What I meant to say was, you can share ZunePass on devices using the SAME Live ID, but not with other devices.

So you would have the same phonebook, email account, calendar, Xbox account, etc., with a spouse or brother, but you could both share a ZunePass. Hardly seems worth it. The multiple device idea is really for people with 5 car garages. One for every day of the week.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Allow me to throw a wrench in this mess. I have a Surround. My son has a Surround. I had him set up his Zune and use my Live log in. Since you have to have Zune and Live in order to use the Marketplace does that mean we will also be able to share apps that we purchase?

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My friend was having issues because his Xbox live ID, and Zune ID used different pass words.

Microsoft needs a clearer picture on how to handle accounts for people.

Granted, I'm intelligent and had the same MSN ID for both. But his Xbox live ID is from his spam infested middle school hotmail account. So he used a Gmail account for his Live ID.

Granted, if you're a GMail person, you can still bring over your contacts from Gmail. Unless your Wives are extremely worried about their Xbox Live gamerscore, it wouldn't be an issue for most people.

Oh...and you can't delete the original Live ID that you plug into the phone...which makes it a pain if you decide that you want to change something.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Allow me to throw a wrench in this mess. I have a Surround. My son has a Surround. I had him set up his Zune and use my Live log in. Since you have to have Zune and Live in order to use the Marketplace does that mean we will also be able to share apps that we purchase?

Short answer, yes. Microsoft doesn't know if you have 5 phones for yourself or they are distributed amongst you family, as long as you all share the same Live ID. Not sure how you can handle contacts but multiple/individual email accounts would work. I believe FB accounts can also be independent. I suppose individual devices could purchase/download their own apps. But you would need to test with an app you downloaded and then see if your son's device says it was already purchased. You could do this with a free app. Sounds legit to me based on what I have read.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
+1 for a Zune Family Pass.

My wife and I currently share my Zune account with our Zune HD's.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You can have Multiple Windows Live IDs on the phone, can you not?

Could you not just create a 'Family' ID and purchase your Zune (and Marketplace apps,games) on it, so you can share it will family; But still use your separate IDs for contacts and calendars and whatnot?

TricBox

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm resurrecting this from the dead and I really don't know if someone has mentioned it, but I just put my wife's WP7 under one of my three allowed devices. The only WLID I have to share is the one I use for Zune. So unless the second person wants to do all the social stuff in Zune and is worried about song counts then this should work. I haven't tried to stream with her phone, but as long as I can fill her phone with new music and such then this looks like we may be permanent users of ZP.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a definite must! We absolutely need a Zune Family Plan. I just "discovered" WP7 and so far I am in love with it... I just downloaded the Zune software to my PC and was this close to activating a trial or even a full account. Until we figure out what is going to happen, I can't buy it.

I wouldn't mind Buying a Family Plan for say 5 to 10 dollars more a month and then splitting the downloaded songs, but to be able to stream is important too.

Somehow, MS has to set themselves apart from iTunes. I don't want to have to share my Live ID. This will be my phone. I just want it to be functional.

Does anyone from MS or Zune read these forums? I know that over at Precentral HP and Palm at the time would take heed to the concerns of their community... Just saying.

Fingers Crossed.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to sign into your WP7 device with your Windows Live account and yet use a "family" Windows Live account for say, Zune? Or is it more or less, once you sign into your phone and WL account that is it?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't even actively played with a WP7 device yet and only starting to "play" with Zune.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo