Any word from Zynga? I want my Words With Friends. :(

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Love Words By Post, but hate the icon. The live tile is way too ugly to keep on my main screen. I wish it looked like the rest of the metro icons and changed color based on your theme. It's impossible to figure out if it's your turn without the live tile unless you actually open the app or get to see the notification pop up.

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Any news on words with friends? GF has Android. I currently have Android and enjoy the game. I would just ask her to download the other app but ALL my other facebook friends play Words with friends...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's games and apps like these that make it difficult to be a wp7 owner. I don't care one bit if there are one or two viable alternatives to word with friends in our marketplace. Of all my friends, only one has a wp7, the rest have android and iphone, and they all play this with each other. I love wp7, and will probably never switch, but it's a drag.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's games and apps like these that make it difficult to be a wp7 owner. I don't care one bit if there are one or two viable alternatives to word with friends in our marketplace. Of all my friends, only one has a wp7, the rest have android and iphone, and they all play this with each other. I love wp7, and will probably never switch, but it's a drag.

It is kind of a drag. I like Words by Post, and I do play with a few people and enjoy random games on there, but none of my, so to speak, "real life" friends are willing to play both Words With Friends *and* Words By Post, so I am left out in the cold in that regard. I blame Xynga for being shortsighted, personally.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I sent them a email a few months back asking were they bringing WWF to WP7, and their response was pretty much, "No". Hopefully their change their minds.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that WWF on Facebook actually uses HTML5, not Flash? I've tried it on the phone and it loads but it seems you can't actually place letters. It is marked as a beta though, so hopefully they'll keep working on it until it works in the phone browser.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I emailed the tech support recently, which I don't think is going to get me anywhere, since I had to say I was using an android device ( if anyone has another email for them other than the tech page it would be helpful )

I love words by post.. but my GF's phone is android 2.1 and needs 2.2 for WBP, so that's a no go, which is why I am trying to reach out to the WWF folks ( and I don't know nor feel comfortable enough rooting a phone )

Really MS should put some pressure on these guys...

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Not having certain games and apps on WP was a major concern back when I was debating on switching platforms. I played WWF and used Hipstamatic daily on my iPhone 3GS (still do on occassion). I know they're alteratives to WWF, but it's a little difficult to get 20 or so people to DL a similar game to play with only one guy who decided to switch to WP. Pictures Lab and Thumba are great also, but an alternative to Hipstamatic doesn't exist. Too bad cause it would be awesome to use on my Titan! Devs want more WP market share, people won't buy WP without more apps.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am hooked on WWF, been carrying my old android in my pocket just to play that game the past couple weeks via wifi when on coffee and lunch breaks at work.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Happy enough with WBP. Some of my friends play WWF on iPhone but I've talked as many more into getting WBP. Always plenty of random opponents when your own friends aren't around.

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing from Zynga? I am playing WWF on my Kindle Fire - all of my friends have it on their phones (Apple/Android) as well. I want this on my WP! :mad:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe they would pass up another revenue source. I mean it isn't like they stay up to date with fixing the bugs in the app so it's not like it would take a lot of their time and resources.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think that if the Lumia 900 sells well, we'll see WWF on WP.

It's kind of the thing everyone is waiting for right now. Will Nokia's flagship phone be able to make some noise? Otherwise... I think we're waiting until WP8 before we see another chance at making noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett