Best alarm clock app?

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I still keep my BB Touch around because it was such an awesome built in alarm. Sits landscape in its stand on my night stand constantly displaying the time in bedside (dim) mode. To replace it I am going to need two things - an app that has bedside mode and a stand up cradle for my Nokia.

nimishprasad

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Do any of the free alarm clocks snooze when you touch any part of the screen and not just "snooze" or "dismiss" buttons on the screen so I can snooze without opening my eyes?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
627.AM is the best of its kind for me. You can set alarm clocks for the whole week, choose different sounds, and it also provides weather and to-do list, and WP8 tiles, all in one. Great visuals and functionality. Highly recommended

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
sorry to bump an old thread but would a night stand clock left on all night every night damage my phone ???

any thoughts would be great cheers

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why would it? Unless your charging the phone after its fully charged, that may diminish the battery life.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
sorry to bump an old thread but would a night stand clock left on all night every night damage my phone ???

any thoughts would be great cheers
I do not think so. I would recommend it being left on the wireless charging plate/stand or have it plugged in though.

CleanRoad

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
There's also Gentle Alarm Clock app. The alarm time setting is gesture based and very easy to use, I haven't seen this kind of design in Windows Phone before.
You can set a pre-alarm that wakes you softly before the main alarm. If you miss that the main alarm will wake you eventually with loud sound. The app also contains night light that lights the bedroom when you go to sleep.

You'll find it here:
Gentle Alarm Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Bill Fox

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do any of the free alarm clocks snooze when you touch any part of the screen and not just "snooze" or "dismiss" buttons on the screen so I can snooze without opening my eyes?

This is what I'm searching for. An alarm clock that has the ability to touch anywhere on the screen to snooze. The ability to have multiple alarms and use music is also important, but I would give up that if I could just have a large screen area to snooze. Free is nice, but if an app has the large snooze, and the ability to go off with out being running like some of the others, I would gladly pay a few dollars for.

When I had an android I used to use 'Alarm Clock Xtreme'. This had a very large snooze button.

Does anyone know of one that can do this?

Thanks

creativem31

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I made the alarm app called Interval which you might like. Its just had an update as well. But I can explain to you why no app seems to have the big snooze buttons.

When the app schedules an alarm with the Windows Phone system, what you're really doing is asking the operating system to schedule one for you. It has its own way of displaying the alarm when it goes off and your app cannot edit that. So in short, when your alarm goes off, its not the app doing it... its the Windows Phone system.

Annoyingly, you can't just do it yourself and create your own scheduler within your app because Windows Phone doesn't currently let you run stuff in the background in the same way you can on android. There's an option to run things every half hour or so, but not in "real time" so to speak. So at the moment you won't find an app that has custom alarm screens :-(

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have an alarm app that slowly increases in volume when the set time is alarming? The real "Gentle Alarm" from Android has a pre alarm and main alarm, but the beauty or greatness of the Android app is that when the alarm goes off, it slowly increases volume. That way, depending on how light or deep yoru sleeping, its not a blaring/jarring sound. I really need an alarm like that. Something that gradually increases volume.

Any recommendations are welcomed!

CleanRoad

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Above I suggested Gentle Alarm Clock. It's quite near what you are asking. It has soft pre-alarm and you can set its volume low. It gives you possibility to wake up gradually for example to bird song. If you were sleeping so deep that you missed the pre-alarm there's main alarm that eventually makes sure that you wakeup using loud volume.

kingrollo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The major drawback of all these alarms seems to be that the phone must be on. With Blackberry I used to set my phone to come on @ 6.22 - then the Alarm for 6.32 - But my Nokia Lumia doesn't seem to have such an option.....any deas folks ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05