The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-03-2012 11:13 AM
198 ... 34567 ...
tools
    This is faster. I like the squares too!
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 08-02-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    08-02-2011 08:26 AM
    hey does having the TRIAl vershion stop me from getting the Update?? :(
    08-02-2011 08:55 AM
    Nope the trial version should update in the exact same way as the full. In fact all the new features and improvements this update are available in both the trial and full versions

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7 using Board Express
    08-02-2011 09:08 AM
    Nope the trial version should update in the exact same way as the full. In fact all the new features and improvements this update are available in both the trial and full versions

And how exacly do you update it? im not getting prompted to do so :(

i even uninstalled and re-downloaded it from the MP and i got the same version
    08-02-2011 09:30 AM
    Quickest way sometimes is just to uninstall it and redownload. (I tried for ages for a prompt but nope it just kept saying share after going in and out in the Marktplace)

Got it eventually.

I'm not the most patient person. :)
    08-02-2011 09:32 AM
    And how exacly do you update it? im not getting prompted to do so :(

i even uninstalled and re-downloaded it from the MP and i got the same version
    Not sure what's going on there, the app should show as version 1.3 in all regions by now. On the off chance that maybe the marketplace caches you could power the device off then on again to maybe force a refresh?

08-02-2011 09:44 AM
    Not sure what's going on there, the app should show as version 1.3 in all regions by now. On the off chance that maybe the marketplace caches you could power the device off then on again to maybe force a refresh?

Ah cool , did a power cicle , good to go :P

hey how about a free app with ADDS? :P
    08-02-2011 09:52 AM
    Ah cool , did a power cicle , good to go :P

hey how about a free app with ADDS? :P
    That's what the trial version is ;)

08-02-2011 10:01 AM
    That's what the trial version is ;)

LMAO! yeah thats what ive been using , dint relise i had all the features. ;)
    08-02-2011 10:21 AM
    I say all, there are some premium features which are paid only (podcast player, videos page and deep app links) but they're extras. It's also quite likely that adding comments will be a premium feature as well

08-02-2011 10:46 AM
    It's also quite likely that adding comments will be a premium feature as well

OOh :( thats my fav part!!!
    08-02-2011 11:02 AM
    Well seeing as I have a lot of love for you guys on the forums, I'll just drop a little link here:

WPCentral v1.4 beta jaytbennett

Hopefully you'll like it
    08-23-2011 05:59 AM
    I'll have to be patient again because my stupid live id email doesn't actually recieve any email Grrrrr - I'll get it eventually like last time sigh LOL :)

Looks good as ever though Jay. :)
    08-23-2011 06:18 AM
    I'll have to be patient again because my stupid live id email doesn't actually recieve any email Grrrrr - I'll get it eventually like last time sigh LOL :)

Looks good as ever though Jay. :)
    Dude I can work something out with that, send me your live ID from your gmail account and I'll make a note next to your name to send the download link to a different e-mail, it should theoretically work then.

One exception as you've been very helpful and supportive throughout the past few versions :D
    08-23-2011 06:33 AM
    I've now changed my live id Jay, i guess that means a hard reset on the phone doesn't it ? I'll PM you my new Live ID see what happens.

Many thanks for you going to all the trouble, I appreciate it Jay. :)
    08-23-2011 07:13 AM
    Woo a toast from the WPCentral app and spinning tile announcing Minesweeper is available all over the place.

I'm impressed. Nice :)

Don't you just love Mango? :)
    08-24-2011 03:39 AM
    Loving the apps performance during the day, toasts and spinning tile on new articles working perfectly. Just love it. :)

Unfortunately I haven't found anything wrong with the app yet Grrrrrrr ;)
    08-24-2011 09:30 AM
    Still working! Had around 23 million WPC news alerts today. Fabustastic! :)
    08-25-2011 04:36 PM
    Still working! Had around 23 million WPC news alerts today. Fabustastic! :)
    Were there that many I lost count around 18 million...lol
    08-25-2011 07:56 PM
    Were there that many I lost count around 18 million...lol
    Indeed there was Big D5. ;)
    08-26-2011 02:32 AM
    I am brand new to the site. After taking a look around, I shelled out my hard-earned .99 for this app. It's great!
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    08-29-2011 03:39 PM
    I installed the app and everything appears to be working as it should with one exception: The Live tile. I enabled it in the settings and got a message saying it could take 2-3 hours before it begins working. As far as I can tell, there's nothing there but a static icon.

Am I missing something? I am still feeling my way around figuring out my Trophy so it's very likely it's me not knowing exactly what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    08-30-2011 08:32 AM
    I installed the app and everything appears to be working as it should with one exception: The Live tile. I enabled it in the settings and got a message saying it could take 2-3 hours before it begins working. As far as I can tell, there's nothing there but a static icon.

Am I missing something? I am still feeling my way around figuring out my Trophy so it's very likely it's me not knowing exactly what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    It's usually just on the WPCentral logo Streak Leader, it won't change until they decide if the news item is worth an image.

If an image does appear, it will revert back to the WPC logo after so long, so don't ecpect it to always show something, it' won't :)

You should perhaps get one soon for the latest Podcast. Just carry on waiting a little more and fingers crossed LOL :)

PS if you're impatient, try turning your phone off and on again, that sometimes speeds tiles up. ;)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 08-30-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    08-30-2011 08:35 AM
    It's usually just on the WPCentral logo Streak Leader, it won't change until they decide if the news item is worth an image.

If an image does appear, it will revert back to the WPC logo after so long, so don't ecpect it to always show something, it' won't :)

You should perhaps get one soon for the latest Podcast. Just carry on waiting a little more and fingers crossed LOL :)

PS if you're impatient, try turning your phone off and on again, that sometimes speeds tiles up. ;)
    Thanks for the quick response (and also, once again for the wallpaper - it's fantastic! My wife, not a gamer at all, LOVED it).

I will wait and see what pops up! Is there a maximum number of apps that can be installed at any one time for the live tiles to work? On my Trophy, the live tiles currently update for Xbox Live, People, and the Me sections. I have other apps that have live tile capability, but I haven't pinned them to the start screen.

I am off to give those a try to see if the live tile works for those as well. Thanks again!!
    08-30-2011 08:57 AM
    Glad you like your wallpaper Streak Leader. In pre Mango WP7's the live tile limit is 15 but the pre mango operating system has some registry problems that can stops live tiles updating after a while.(End point problems)

See link below (Complicated LOL)

http://mobilitydigest.com/hey-micros...se-live-tiles/

The built in live tiles don't count in this limit. (People, me etc)

This is cured in Mango of course so even more patience will be needed on your part LOL.
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 08-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    08-30-2011 09:00 AM
198 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD