11-03-2012 11:13 AM
198 ... 5678
tools
    Thanks Dave, does this mean it physically can't get any better? :D

Of course I know it can, I'll be working on v2.1 and 2.2 which will be bug fixes and then the full wallpaper functionality respectively, then a v2.5 to bring in an improved podcast experience.

After that I'll be taking a little break from Windows Phone development as v2 has been sucking up my now fairly limited spare time! But I promise the app will be back for a v3, including forum functionality, as I know that's the next big milestone people would like to see :)
    It can... forums being built in! :P

Awesome app thought... ;)
    01-19-2012 08:39 AM
    Thanks Dave, does this mean it physically can't get any better? :D

Of course I know it can, I'll be working on v2.1 and 2.2 which will be bug fixes and then the full wallpaper functionality respectively, then a v2.5 to bring in an improved podcast experience.

After that I'll be taking a little break from Windows Phone development as v2 has been sucking up my now fairly limited spare time! But I promise the app will be back for a v3, including forum functionality, as I know that's the next big milestone people would like to see :)
    Life is about improving bit to get your full effort out of it you have to like what you are doing so take a break dont get yourself burned out. What you have accomplished so far will keep us busy for a while.
    01-19-2012 07:25 PM
    The bug fix update for the WPCentral app is now live folks. 2.1 :)
    01-27-2012 04:21 PM
    On the UK marketplace we're still not seeing the v2.1 version.. v2.0 however is announcing itself as an update every two hours or so which is getting a tad annoying.

I tried removing the app and reinstalling but to no avail sofar.

P
    02-01-2012 11:43 AM

2.1 has been out for around 2 weeks or more now, not sure why you're having notification problems but just wanted to confirm it's been out for a while now.

Welcome along to WPCentral paulheu. :)

Are you sure you aren't just looking at the splash screen which says version v2?

If you go to about in the app, the latest version is 2.1.14

What version have you got ?
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    02-01-2012 11:50 AM
    TX, for the welcome.. and I have v2.0.94 installed.

the marketplace shows v2.0.0.0

I get an update notice about every 30 minutes and then nothing happens..
    02-02-2012 05:34 AM
    TX, for the welcome.. and I have v2.0.94 installed.

the marketplace shows v2.0.0.0

I get an update notice about every 30 minutes and then nothing happens..
    Paul, there is no such thing as an update notice for apps that would occur every 30 minutes. The only thing that happens is you see a number on the Marketplace tile.

So I assume that you're either seeing an update notification for your Phone's operating system, or a toast message from the app itself perhaps?

Regardless, if you can't see the update in the marketplace there are a couple of things you can try. Firstly, if you haven't powered your device off then on again in a while you should do so now, this often clears out the phone's marketplace cache (you may then see v2.1.0.0 as the listed marketplace version).
    Secondly, if when you view the app in the marketplace there is no button saying "update" then try backing out of the details screen for the app then tap into the screen again, this sometimes prompts the marketplace to let you tap "update".
    Thirdly, try viewing the marketplace on either your Zune software or the Web marketplace (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...b-78e7d1fa76f8 - US version) where you should see v2.1.0.0 as the listed version. You can download/update the app from there which should force your phone to download the app update.

Hope that helps!
    02-03-2012 06:39 AM
    Every 30 minutes or so I see the 1 appear on the tile and when entering marketplace I get a notice there is an update for WP central.

When I accept however the notice just disapears, nothing is loaded or updated. If I goto the WPcentral app view I get th eupdate button, but again, hitting it makes the button go away. and I go straight to the download screen saying there are no downloads...

Tried turning phone off/on and even a reset, but keep gettting th esame v2.0.0.0 version in Marketplace.

Just tried to get the app through marketplace on the PC, it says it's version 2.1.0.0 on the site but I get the previous 2.0.94 installed on the phone.

Guess I will have to live with it for now..
    Last edited by paulheu; 02-03-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    02-03-2012 07:51 AM
    Oddly, just switched from my HTC Radar to my new Lumia 800 which I was awarded and the issue went away..

Anyone for a 2nd hand Radar..lol;)
    02-04-2012 06:32 AM
    Oddly, just switched from my HTC Radar to my new Lumia 800 which I was awarded and the issue went away..

Anyone for a 2nd hand Radar..lol;)
    Lol you really want to sell it?
    02-04-2012 06:48 PM
    Probably will yes.. but I'm not in a hurry.. I like the Radar a lot, but the Lumia is just that much better.. And it helps if you get one for free.. :)
    02-05-2012 05:52 AM
    Hmm yes this issue definitely sounds like an OS issue out of my control I'm afraid! I suggest contacting Microsoft directly

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    02-05-2012 08:56 AM
    Well with me moving to a Lumia 800 it kind off resolved itself.. :D
    02-05-2012 12:33 PM
    Probably will yes.. but I'm not in a hurry.. I like the Radar a lot, but the Lumia is just that much better.. And it helps if you get one for free.. :)
    Lol I guess that means I can't get a cheap Radar from you then if you're not in a hurry. :P
    02-05-2012 02:17 PM
    Hey jay ,

just a 2 little things id like to see on the next WPCentral app :P

- Reply notifications ( when people reply to your comments it send you a LIVE TILE notification) hopes that's possible...

- can we please get local time zones???! lol....... last update 11:30pm.... but its only 6pm :( LOL!..

think these would be nice little features :)
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 02-08-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    02-07-2012 05:02 PM
    Hey jay ,

just a 2 little things id like to see on the next WPCentral app :P

- Reply notifications ( when people reply to your comments it send you a LIVE TILE notification) hopes that's possible...

- can we please get local time zones???! lol....... last update 11:30pm.... but its only 6pm :( LOL!..

think these would be nice little features :)
    Reply notifications, whilst I agree would be awesome will probably not be technically possible for some time so don't hold out hope for that one.
    As for local timezones, that was implemented in version 2? All times I receive from the server are parsed and converted to your local timezone, unless you think you've found a bug?

02-12-2012 09:22 AM
    Reply notifications, whilst I agree would be awesome will probably not be technically possible for some time so don't hold out hope for that one.
    As for local timezones, that was implemented in version 2? All times I receive from the server are parsed and converted to your local timezone, unless you think you've found a bug?

Hey Jay ,

to bad for the notifications.... couldn't you just have it link to a little Number ( like how many news update their is? ) like the number in a black circle??

ah well maybe near Apollo ;)

As for the time zone , i think your right , at the time i posted, the time was WAY OFF lol , but maybe my phone just had a little hic-up with the updates cause now it seems to be working :)
    02-15-2012 10:29 AM
    the live tile has stopped automatically updating.. anyone else having the same problem???
    02-15-2012 04:22 PM
    the live tile has stopped automatically updating.. anyone else having the same problem???
    Mine has quit updating as well. Hey Jay!
    02-29-2012 06:08 AM
    Hey guys, if it's stopped updating the quickest way to fix it is to ensure background tasks are enabled for WPCentral (check your phone settings screen) then go into the app's settings and disable then re-enable the live tile.

It happens occasionally due to the way background tasks in the OS work. I think I'm going to write a feature into the next update which will diagnose tile issues and try to help you fix them automatically...
    03-01-2012 04:26 AM
    It started working on it's own

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    03-02-2012 03:57 PM
    Hey Jay,

I sent a message in via the contact form on the site a few days ago but didn't hear anything back. Posting here as well in case it went astray....

I had been having issues with not being able to turn back on the background task for WPcentral v2. So I deleted the app and was going to reinstall it (I had purchased the full version one you first relased v1 way back when....).

When I went to the marketplace to reinstall though it would only let me install either as try or buy. So I hit try and am stuck with the ad and restricted version. How do I get back to reinstalling the full version? It was purchased with live id if that helps....

Cheers,

DavidM
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 03-15-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: remove personal information
    03-15-2012 09:12 AM
    Hey Jay,

I sent a message in via the contact form on the site a few days ago but didn't hear anything back. Posting here as well in case it went astray....

I had been having issues with not being able to turn back on the background task for WPcentral v2. So I deleted the app and was going to reinstall it (I had purchased the full version one you first relased v1 way back when....).

When I went to the marketplace to reinstall though it would only let me install either as try or buy. So I hit try and am stuck with the ad and restricted version. How do I get back to reinstalling the full version? It was purchased with live id if that helps....

Cheers,

DavidM
    If you will go ahead and chose buy you will then be greated with something like you have already purches this app would you like to reinstall it again or something like that. You won't have to purchase it again. I hope that helps you.

Please don't post personal information like email addresses in open forum it is against forum rules this rule is for your protection.
    03-15-2012 09:24 AM
    If you already purchased the app, just hit "Buy". You won't be charged again. Also, I have this same problem once in a while with this app.
    03-15-2012 09:27 AM
    Thanks guys. That worked. Sorry for posting the email address and thanks for deleting it for me!

Cheers,

DavidM
    03-15-2012 09:38 AM
198 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD