Announcing the Official WPCentral app for Windows Phone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmm yes this issue definitely sounds like an OS issue out of my control I'm afraid! I suggest contacting Microsoft directly

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey jay ,

just a 2 little things id like to see on the next WPCentral app :p

- Reply notifications ( when people reply to your comments it send you a LIVE TILE notification) hopes that's possible...

- can we please get local time zones???! lol....... last update 11:30pm.... but its only 6pm :( LOL!..

think these would be nice little features :)

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey jay ,

just a 2 little things id like to see on the next WPCentral app :p

- Reply notifications ( when people reply to your comments it send you a LIVE TILE notification) hopes that's possible...

- can we please get local time zones???! lol....... last update 11:30pm.... but its only 6pm :( LOL!..

think these would be nice little features :)

Reply notifications, whilst I agree would be awesome will probably not be technically possible for some time so don't hold out hope for that one.
As for local timezones, that was implemented in version 2? All times I receive from the server are parsed and converted to your local timezone, unless you think you've found a bug?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Reply notifications, whilst I agree would be awesome will probably not be technically possible for some time so don't hold out hope for that one.
As for local timezones, that was implemented in version 2? All times I receive from the server are parsed and converted to your local timezone, unless you think you've found a bug?

Hey Jay ,

to bad for the notifications.... couldn't you just have it link to a little Number ( like how many news update their is? ) like the number in a black circle??

ah well maybe near Apollo ;)

As for the time zone , i think your right , at the time i posted, the time was WAY OFF lol , but maybe my phone just had a little hic-up with the updates cause now it seems to be working :)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, if it's stopped updating the quickest way to fix it is to ensure background tasks are enabled for WPCentral (check your phone settings screen) then go into the app's settings and disable then re-enable the live tile.

It happens occasionally due to the way background tasks in the OS work. I think I'm going to write a feature into the next update which will diagnose tile issues and try to help you fix them automatically...

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jay,

I sent a message in via the contact form on the site a few days ago but didn't hear anything back. Posting here as well in case it went astray....

I had been having issues with not being able to turn back on the background task for WPcentral v2. So I deleted the app and was going to reinstall it (I had purchased the full version one you first relased v1 way back when....).

When I went to the marketplace to reinstall though it would only let me install either as try or buy. So I hit try and am stuck with the ad and restricted version. How do I get back to reinstalling the full version? It was purchased with live id if that helps....

Cheers,

DavidM

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hey Jay,

I sent a message in via the contact form on the site a few days ago but didn't hear anything back. Posting here as well in case it went astray....

I had been having issues with not being able to turn back on the background task for WPcentral v2. So I deleted the app and was going to reinstall it (I had purchased the full version one you first relased v1 way back when....).

When I went to the marketplace to reinstall though it would only let me install either as try or buy. So I hit try and am stuck with the ad and restricted version. How do I get back to reinstalling the full version? It was purchased with live id if that helps....

Cheers,

DavidM

If you will go ahead and chose buy you will then be greated with something like you have already purches this app would you like to reinstall it again or something like that. You won't have to purchase it again. I hope that helps you.

Please don't post personal information like email addresses in open forum it is against forum rules this rule is for your protection.

beefydragon

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

First I would like to say, THANK YOU for such a high quality and wonderful website and WP7 app! I love your articles and the latest updates. But I am hoping someone can give me a hand with the issue below...

I just reinstalled it on my new Lumia 900! But for some reason the "Share" via Facebook function is not working. It is stuck in the "This is the one time setup for Facebook..." success screen whenever I click Share to share an article. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled on my phone but no luck. Would this be a bug? Strange I haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue.

Thanks for the help!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

Is there any chance wpcentral app will be available in croatian wp marketplace?
Yes Ivan it will be released soon as long as the marketplace is up and working!

@beefydragon: I am aware of the problem, it only affects a few users and you'll see I've taken steps to solve it in the upcoming version! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99