a couple questions about the marketplace

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy, all! I just moved over here today from the crackberry forums after getting a Samsung Focus; well, technically yesterday. This thing hasn't left my hands since I got it.

I have a question about the marketplace. Is there a way to change the screen that I land on when I open it? The first screen has a low quality background image with only a few options (at&t crap, Samsung crap, games, music, something else). When I click one- say, games- it takes me to a menu with more options (including the ones from before) and a higher quality background. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The background will change automatically based on the app deal of the week. Its changed by the MS app store people some are better that others. Give it a day it will change to something different on its own.

Welcome to the WPC forums you got you a nice device there

:cool: Dave

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that's kinda what I was figuring.

My explanation was kinda wordy before, so here are two pictures of what I was talking about. I take it there's no way to do a screen cap of my phone? Screen1 is the first that comes up when I start the marketplace, screen2 is the second. It just seems a bit redundant to me (and I find the first screen ugly haha).

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No non homebrew screen capping yet. Yeah a bit redundant and honestly I never really paid attention to it until now. I probably haven't noticed it since I do most app browsing in either Zune or WP7 apps or searching off the magnifying glass in the marketplace.

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
That website is nice, thanks. I've mostly used the search feature as well, but thought I may have missed a setting somewhere. This is probably the wrong forum to ask in, but is there any killer reason to jailbreak for homebrew stuff? From the info I've seen it seems there's no compelling reason to do it unless you like programming and making homebrew software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven