What's up with the Weather Channel app?

JP724

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my Verizon HTC Trophy, and went to work installing some standard apps. The Weather Channel app looks great when it works, but most of the time, it won't open. It just freezes on the splash screen. Anyone else having this issue? Know what the problem is? The reviews of the app suggest others have had the same problem. Anyone know if they're working on an update?

Are there any good alternative weather apps? Looking in the mktplace, it seems like this is the least buggy one with accurate info and live tile integration.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The weather channel app here is fine on my Omnia 7, always has been OK. I like it as it's live tile has always worked for me unlike the weatherbug tile which at times is hit and miss.

It's not long been updated so dunno how long till they'll do another update.

Strange problems you seem to be having with it, it's never once crashed on me and I've been using it since October.

Perhaps it's a bug peculiar to your Trophy.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I use the LG Weather and Time app since it's the only one that gives me correct information. I had both Weather bug and Weather duck live titles working with me on day and one said scattered clouds and the other light rain.

The actual weather? The strongest Hailstorm this country had in years.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I like the weather channel app and hive not had any issues with it. At times the app will start at the splash screen for 10 to 15 seconds but it always finishes loading for me.

Congrats on the new Trophy

:cool: Dave

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Weather Channel app has always been reliable for me, will no freezups. They had a major update less than a month ago, including changing backgrounds and some other cosmetic changes. Strange that it is giving you trouble. Try an uninstall/reinstall. Maybe the install was bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Weather Channel app not want to start most of the time, just freezing at the splash screen, but the live tile still works, and it works extremely well considering the app won't launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb