What is the best grocery list app?

eLseStudio

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Or try Price Journal by us :) It's free!

Though it lack of the ability to share with other people. But it is very handy in comparing price between different shops, and it's easy to browse as we use picture and name. And to answer this post's original question (though it's long time ago...), yes the price history is recorded.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Onenote is perfect for me though.

Has the checkbox thingy, cloud sync and pinnable live tile for every shoplist.

That's all you need really. Simplicity truly rules in this case.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Another OneNote user here. Wife is on Android and her OneNote is synched to our shopping list on OneDrive. Works beautifully.

Yes it really does. Been trying all sorts of apps from the store, but they all proved waaaay to elaborate.
Somehow I found myself reverting back to pen and paper every time.

Since I tried Onenote I never picked up a pen again. Whether I'm @work, @home on laptop/pc or even TV, I can always view and update any shop list, similar to you and your wife's approach. Always available and always up-to-date.

I personally found Onenote to be the first app ever to actually be more efficient for shoplists than writing on paper.

Little off-topic, but why stop there ? That app is virtually limitless for a thousand purposes. You can create entire archives of all kinds of information in the exact same efficient manner, and it is always up-to-date and at your fingertips on any device.
Lately I'm planning everything through that app. Calendar actually comes second in my household ;-)

KGun

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I started doing the same thing a recently after getting my 1st WP 2 weeks ago. I thought I was being a little OCD putting a master list of what I normally use with checkboxes, then over the course of the week checking off stuff I need. I also put it in the general order I go through the store so I don't have to go back and forth from one end the other.
I also have a separate one for Sam's Club and Trader Joe's.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a couple of the grocery list apps in the market but they seems rather limited. I used to run on another phone GroceryIQ wich worked pretty well, you had a favorites list and stores and you can also tag favorates to a store if it was only in that store. Also it kept a pretty good history if you updated the prices to see if they were going up or down.

Any suggestions?
I think using GroceryIQ via their web interface on IE is still one of the best shopping list options for Windows Phone. How sad is that? :straight:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I like Sooner or later because the tile shows the list as I unlock phone so don't have to go into an app. It also has an easy interface where you click on an item and check it off once you are complete with it. It doesn't have pricing or anything. It's a simple to-do list but I love it. Both my brother and I use it. You can even do a scheduled list. Sometimes simplicity works best in my opinion.

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/sooner-or-later/0b65a27f-4062-477d-97d1-c352b1927ff7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss