Question about Dictionary.com

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
On the place to search words, how do I start a search? The keyboard doesn't have an enter button and neither does the search bar.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Does the pronunciation feature work for anyone ? I'm clicking on the speaker icon but I don't hear anything. (I take it that's what that icon is for, to speak your word?)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me on the word "home." It's pretty quiet though.

Thanks for your quick reply rpm5101, I tried home, and not a sausuage. Perhaps i'm not in the 'Required' country for the correct voice to work or something.

Oh i just got a weird error:

'Please close the Zune software running on the computer connected to your device to hear the audio'

Huh? Not connected to Zune at all.

Last edited:

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's strange.

I don't think it spoke the first one or two times I pressed the button. Does the speaker icon stay pressed for a few seconds as if it is playing? Make sure your volume is all the way up and put the speaker to your ear. Any hissing noises as if it's trying to play something?

If it's still not working, try re-installing the app. Otherwise, it may be your location as you suggested.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It might have to go out to the web to pull down a file, so make sure you have an active connection. That's how my dictionary app works.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i was connected via WiFi, but it's just started working now. Thanks for your replies guys, don't think i'm missing too much by the sound of it anyway, was just curious why it wasn't working. (It is now)

All's well that ends well. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett