Garmin Street Pilot Released!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How ? They have no trial available and it's NOT even available in Europe. Turn by Turn all the way. :)

How do they expect anyone to buy it at that price and not even be able to try it out first ?

Last edited:

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
How ? They have no trial available and it's NOT even available in Europe. Turn by Turn all the way. :)

How do they expect anyone to buy it at that price and not even be able to try it out first ?

Tell you guys what, I'll be the guinea pig. Just PayPal me $2 each and I'll let you know how the app performs.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a dev copy of mango on my focus which has has been working great for me.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Tell you guys what, I'll be the guinea pig. Just PayPal me $2 each and I'll let you know how the app performs.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

funny...lol. I'm gonna have to wait till at least next week. $39.99 is a lot of cash for an app. I used Garmin on my iPhone awhile back and it was great.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
George Ponder just said...

'We're working on a review and video walk through. I'm taking StreetPilot on a road trip tomorrow and should have something posted over the weekend. Stay tuned...'

Good old WPCentral, they are being the guinea pigs. Look forward to their review.

Interesting to see how it compares to Turn by Turn :)

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
George Ponder just said...

'We're working on a review and video walk through. I'm taking StreetPilot on a road trip tomorrow and should have something posted over the weekend. Stay tuned...'

Good old WPCentral, they are being the guinea pigs. Look forward to their review.

Interesting to see how it compares to Turn by Turn :)

Good job WpCentral..looking for ward to the review as well.

Is Turn by Turn the best navigation app that's available for WP7 at the moment? I'm running the Mango beta and I like the maps app on it. But i never tried Turn by Turn...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm very impressed with Turn by Turn for the price, it has a trial so give it a whirl and see what you think of it.

I really like how if you take a wrong turning it plans a reroute for you rather than telling you to make a U turn etc.

I think it's a great app for the price.

If Turn by Turn can offer you a trial at it's asking price, I don't see why Streetpilot can't, especailly at the $40 asking price.

Here's a review incase you missed it plmiller0905 :)

http://www.windowscentral.com/voice-navigation-round-up-gps-voice-vs-turn-turn-navigation

Last edited:

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I been using Turn by Turn. it's a great app for the price. Download your map that way your not blowing bandwidth to constantly change the map as you drive. also it has a great hybrid map right now Turn by Turn is the best on the MP.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Got it,
its nice to have a offical GPS Client ..
I only wish it was tomtom

I bought Tomtom Ver 6 on windows mobile and at that time it was 99 dollars with not map or any updates
39 dollars for an offical app with up to date maps and others its well worth it..
to me..

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Got it,

its nice to have a offical GPS Client ..

I only wish it was tomtom

I bought Tomtom Ver 6 on windows mobile and at that time it was 99 dollars with not map or any updates

39 dollars for an offical app with up to date maps and others its well worth it..

to me..

i want to give it a go so bad. I wish they offered a trial version or at least you get a refund if you don't like the app, like how android is.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

smbishop

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Bought it and love it! It is fast, accurate and reroutes quickly. Much better than my old Nuvi 660.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to add that Turn by Turn reroutes very quickly too, and costs ?3.99 with the ability to download any areas you chose as offline maps. Nice :)

Still looking forward to seeing the WPCentral review of StreetPilot to see how it compares to Turn By Turn and see what you get for your $40 (Not that I plan to buy it as TBT works perfectly for me. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte