IM+ Is now free.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I lol'd. Sorry, but they first released it at twenty-four billion dollars, I was like, um, no, and still put off enough to not care when they lowered it to $499 USD or whatever.

Maybe I will try it now.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If they add AIM, Yahoo, and gtalk, I think IM+ will be useless. But if they only keep FB and WL, I would still need IM+

True 1jaxstate1, I guess there maybe official apps appear eventually for the IM services but if you use more than one I guess it's tidy having just the 1 app.

I will wait untill they lower the price some more, then they will owe ME money. I'll try it then. :)

Have you seen the time ? I'm off to bed now LOL. (25 to midnight here) ;)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I see NO reason for MS to not just integrate it all into People and Messaging. That would be the ****, and be something no other phone has. And obviously it can be done, or stuff like IM+, Pidgin, and Digsby would not exist.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I would LOVE for it all to be in the messaging hub. It just makes sense. Since I'm hoping, why not video chat with those said services with Skype. =)
I see NO reason for MS to not just integrate it all into People and Messaging. That would be the ****, and be something no other phone has. And obviously it can be done, or stuff like IM+, Pidgin, and Digsby would not exist.
FYI, I used facetime once with my iP4, and had no desire to do it again. LOL.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I think free is a good price of it. Is really slow and choppy. Still I can't live without my Windows Live Messenger so I'm even more in love with my phone now.

When Mango comes out, I'll gleefully trow this app in the trash.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I would LOVE for it all to be in the messaging hub. It just makes sense. Since I'm hoping, why not video chat with those said services with Skype. =)

FYI, I used facetime once with my iP4, and had no desire to do it again. LOL.

I'm all about Skype. My wife and kids use it, and I would love to get my mom a tablet so she can use it too. My wife and kids used Facetime for about five minutes. Then they all went back to Skype. Please understand that I am no ****** -I have an Android for MP3's (when jogging and sleeping) a WP for daily use, an iPad for reading, a Kindle for my wife and a durable-construction-worker phone for my daughter who destroys stuff. I'm a huge fan of using what works when it works for you, but man, Facetime sucks.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm no ****** either. I have a Captivate, 2 Iphone 3Gs, and my Focus. I think MS is going to have the most complete system. Getting the messaging hub integrated will be huge.
I'm all about Skype. My wife and kids use it, and I would love to get my mom a tablet so she can use it too. My wife and kids used Facetime for about five minutes. Then they all went back to Skype. Please understand that I am no ****** -I have an Android for MP3's (when jogging and sleeping) a WP for daily use, an iPad for reading, a Kindle for my wife and a durable-construction-worker phone for my daughter who destroys stuff. I'm a huge fan of using what works when it works for you, but man, Facetime sucks.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried the free version and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I connected to yahoo messenger and my contacts loaded fine. However, I could not go back to connect to other messenging services. It was so frustating that I uninstalled the app.

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the free version and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I connected to yahoo messenger and my contacts loaded fine. However, I could not go back to connect to other messenging services. It was so frustating that I uninstalled the app.

You need to go to account (buddy icon) -> edit (gear icon) -> add (plus symbol)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786