08-10-2011 09:28 PM
39 12
tools
    I finally give it a chance and has being awesome so far. Push Notifications and all that jazz.

Try it =)
    07-19-2011 05:11 PM
    The speed improvements were much needed.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    07-19-2011 05:18 PM
    I think they realised it will soon be sort of defunct. (When Mango arrives) :)
    07-19-2011 05:22 PM
    I lol'd. Sorry, but they first released it at twenty-four billion dollars, I was like, um, no, and still put off enough to not care when they lowered it to $499 USD or whatever.

Maybe I will try it now.
    07-19-2011 05:28 PM
    If they add AIM, Yahoo, and gtalk, I think IM+ will be useless. But if they only keep FB and WL, I would still need IM+
    I think they realised it will soon be sort of defunct. (When Mango arrives) :)
    07-19-2011 05:31 PM
    If they add AIM, Yahoo, and gtalk, I think IM+ will be useless. But if they only keep FB and WL, I would still need IM+
    True 1jaxstate1, I guess there maybe official apps appear eventually for the IM services but if you use more than one I guess it's tidy having just the 1 app.

I will wait untill they lower the price some more, then they will owe ME money. I'll try it then. :)

Have you seen the time ? I'm off to bed now LOL. (25 to midnight here) ;)
    07-19-2011 05:36 PM
    I see NO reason for MS to not just integrate it all into People and Messaging. That would be the ****, and be something no other phone has. And obviously it can be done, or stuff like IM+, Pidgin, and Digsby would not exist.
    07-19-2011 05:39 PM
    I agree, I would LOVE for it all to be in the messaging hub. It just makes sense. Since I'm hoping, why not video chat with those said services with Skype. =)
    I see NO reason for MS to not just integrate it all into People and Messaging. That would be the ****, and be something no other phone has. And obviously it can be done, or stuff like IM+, Pidgin, and Digsby would not exist.
    FYI, I used facetime once with my iP4, and had no desire to do it again. LOL.
    07-19-2011 05:44 PM
    Well I think free is a good price of it. Is really slow and choppy. Still I can't live without my Windows Live Messenger so I'm even more in love with my phone now.

When Mango comes out, I'll gleefully trow this app in the trash.
    07-19-2011 05:55 PM
    I agree, I would LOVE for it all to be in the messaging hub. It just makes sense. Since I'm hoping, why not video chat with those said services with Skype. =)

FYI, I used facetime once with my iP4, and had no desire to do it again. LOL.
    I'm all about Skype. My wife and kids use it, and I would love to get my mom a tablet so she can use it too. My wife and kids used Facetime for about five minutes. Then they all went back to Skype. Please understand that I am no fanboy -I have an Android for MP3's (when jogging and sleeping) a WP for daily use, an iPad for reading, a Kindle for my wife and a durable-construction-worker phone for my daughter who destroys stuff. I'm a huge fan of using what works when it works for you, but man, Facetime sucks.
    07-19-2011 06:12 PM
    Oh, and I am thinking about getting a Veer. LOL, I'm addicted to gadgets.
    07-19-2011 06:13 PM
    I agree. I'm no fanboy either. I have a Captivate, 2 Iphone 3Gs, and my Focus. I think MS is going to have the most complete system. Getting the messaging hub integrated will be huge.
    I'm all about Skype. My wife and kids use it, and I would love to get my mom a tablet so she can use it too. My wife and kids used Facetime for about five minutes. Then they all went back to Skype. Please understand that I am no fanboy -I have an Android for MP3's (when jogging and sleeping) a WP for daily use, an iPad for reading, a Kindle for my wife and a durable-construction-worker phone for my daughter who destroys stuff. I'm a huge fan of using what works when it works for you, but man, Facetime sucks.
    07-19-2011 06:16 PM
    The Palm Pre looks cool. I always liked that design. I would love a Windows phone that looks like the Venue pro/torch/pre.
    07-19-2011 06:19 PM
    PS everyone knows how to log off on this thing? I don't want messages to wake me up through the night =)
    07-19-2011 06:40 PM
    PS everyone knows how to log off on this thing? I don't want messages to wake me up through the night =)
    I believe you have to change your status to offline.

On a side note, it could be my region, but I don't see ads in the free version...
    07-19-2011 07:06 PM
    The Palm Pre looks cool. I always liked that design. I would love a Windows phone that looks like the Venue pro/torch/pre.
    I agree. I wonder if the Pre 3 will have a nice ham-hand sized screen. I have huge hands, lol.
    07-19-2011 07:20 PM

On a side note, it could be my region, but I don't see ads in the free version...
    Thanks, I turn off notifications just in case.
    07-19-2011 08:51 PM
    I tried the free version and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I connected to yahoo messenger and my contacts loaded fine. However, I could not go back to connect to other messenging services. It was so frustating that I uninstalled the app.
    07-19-2011 10:08 PM

I don't see any ads, either; it's just like paying $5.00 but not! :D
    Winterfang likes this.
    07-19-2011 10:23 PM
    I tried the free version and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I connected to yahoo messenger and my contacts loaded fine. However, I could not go back to connect to other messenging services. It was so frustating that I uninstalled the app.
    You need to go to account (buddy icon) -> edit (gear icon) -> add (plus symbol)
    07-19-2011 10:47 PM
    I notice also Cocktail Flow has a try feature. Now I know why this app is so reverence. Very pretty, insanely fast and metro to the core.
    07-19-2011 11:04 PM
    Installed the free version, when I try to turn on toast and push this is the message I get when I exit back out of setting? What the ?

"IM+ is not allowed to recieve tile/toast notifications."

Useless.
    07-20-2011 10:20 AM
    Sound like you've reached you push limit. Not the devs fault, it's MS fault.
    Installed the free version, when I try to turn on toast and push this is the message I get when I exit back out of setting? What the ?

"IM+ is not allowed to recieve tile/toast notifications."

Useless.
    07-20-2011 10:23 AM
    Sound like you've reached you push limit. Not the devs fault, it's MS fault.
    Yep appears that is what it was. But the notifications do take forever to arrive. I get the little number in tile but then I open app and no message? Any other suggestions?
    07-20-2011 07:06 PM
    I don't know I turn it off in my phone but it was doing fine on my part. Also I don't know if it's my phone or what but live tiles are useless on my phone. They always update late or not at all.
    07-20-2011 07:14 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD