Whats your favorite weather app and why

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried them all and still like the 'Weather Channel' app the best it loads fast and is nice and clear and displaying what you want. I also like it's Facebook integration.

I like weather bug and Accuweather too although it's a bit 'Sticky' and slow at the moment.

Nice though that we have such a variety to chose from. :)

I voted for my beloved Weather Channel in the Poll. :)

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
AccuWeather for me, the live tile works flawlessly and looks great and you can have up to 5 (I think) different locations stored and it just has some all round great features.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use one called Weather & Clock I never see it listed on the lists. I like it. I use the Weather channel for the live tile updates but if I check the weather I use the Weather & Clock app. Maybe it's an LG only app?

CoopII

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use one called Weather & Clock I never see it listed on the lists. I like it. I use the Weather channel for the live tile updates but if I check the weather I use the Weather & Clock app. Maybe it's an LG only app?

CoopII

It is LG only, I like it just wish it had a live tile.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Accuweather since it gives me the most accurate weather so far ( no pun intended ). But my favorite is LG's Weather and clock. I wish it had a live tile.

Last edited:

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the poll! I was using the very basic "Weather" app from Microsoft. Now that I know which one's are available and good, I will try out a few ;)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been a huge fan of world weather, with it's dual tile and color changing. I really like Weather Live, but the temp and timestamp at the bottom of the live tile look a little sloppy now, what with the time stamp running off the tile if the temp gets above 100. Weatherman just got an update that contains about 20 different live tiles, I'm going to use it for awhile.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I've been a huge fan of world weather, with it's dual tile and color changing. I really like Weather Live, but the temp and timestamp at the bottom of the live tile look a little sloppy now, what with the time stamp running off the tile if the temp gets above 100. Weatherman just got an update that contains about 20 different live tiles, I'm going to use it for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up I am updating my copy of weather man now.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up I am updating my copy of weather man now.

The new tiles are pretty great. One that is missing is a "now" temperature with a weather icon, but the dev said he added it and will be submitting an update as soon as possible...

I'm using the now tile with the oversized temp, it's really growing on me

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The new tiles are pretty great. One that is missing is a "now" temperature with a weather icon, but the dev said he added it and will be submitting an update as soon as possible...

I'm using the now tile with the oversized temp, it's really growing on me

LOL Me too :cool:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
here's what one of the weatherman live tiles looks like:
picture.php

here is another of the options for weatherman (i also combined it with the world weather tile for the current temp):
picture.php

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I voted for the Weather Channel. I used Weather Duck for a while, but I like the WC live tile much more. I like to have lots of colors on my main screen.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the look and feel of Accuweather, so that's my main app. I also use the Samsung Now app.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The Weather Channel app has just updated (V1.5.1) and has a new Nearby photographic weather section (Iwitness Weather) and various other little changes. Nice. :)

You can now look through a gallery of weather photographs in various categories.
(IE Clouds, Floods, Lightning etc)

Last edited:

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I'm sort of at a toss up between The Weather Channel and Weather Live. The Weather Channel because it's the first one I had, so I'm used to it, and it has a lot of information and looks good. Weather Live because it actually seems to update on the schedule you set it as, where other live tiles sometimes seem to get stuck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb