How can I recover all my purchased apps?

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just had to get a replacement Surround because my first one got wet and I'm trying to get all my info from my old one to my new one. All my contacts downloaded from Windows Live, but nothing else did. I know that the iphone and iTunes will let you restore your phone from a backup and place all your apps, photos and music to a replaced iphone-- will Zune do that too? I really don't want have to pay for my apps again and honestly, I don't remember all of the apps that I have paid for anyway.

Thanks,

Chappy

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You have to reinstall the apps through the Marketplace on the phone it won't make you pay again. You will go to the app chose buy then it will say something like you have already purchased this app do you want to install it again. That wont help if you cant remember what apps you had. Zune will re sync all your music, podcast, pictures and things like that once you set up your sync settings

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Zune has a list of all the apps you had (provided the apps themselves haven't been removed from the Marketplace). In Zune, go to Settings > Account > Purchase History > Apps. That should get you to all the apps you ever installed, which are still in the Marketplace.

For now anyway, the only way to get apps to automatically install is to get them through Zune on your PC, instead of getting them through Marketplace on your phone. Unfortunately, you can't install apps through Zune if you've done it through your phone originally, so, for each of those apps, you'll have to search and install through your phone. In the future, however, until they fix it, I suggest buying apps through Zune just in case.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help, I've started recovering my apps. I had a scare when I updated my phone with the NoDo and the security update because my data cable came unplugged and bricked my phone! Luckily I just rebooted my computer and plugged it back in and it started to update again.

Thanks again for your quick replies!

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It's a real hassle. I've had to do it 3 times with various Samsung Focuses (Focii?). Microsoft needs to have an "apps" section to Zune that shows all your downloaded apps and makes it easy to sync to the phone. Hopefully the client gets updated with Mango

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a real hassle. I've had to do it 3 times with various Samsung Focuses (Focii?). Microsoft needs to have an "apps" section to Zune that shows all your downloaded apps and makes it easy to sync to the phone. Hopefully the client gets updated with Mango
There's supposed to be a web-based version of the Marketplace coming out when Mango gets released. I really hope it includes some way of managing which apps will auto-install to your phone.

dotNetProfessional

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I think there's a feature in Mango that allows you to redownload your Apps. Also I noticed the new AppTastic app lets you keep track of your Apps so that might be an alternative until Mango. Though I guess that wont help you now.. :)

dotNetProfessional

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Zune has a list of all the apps you had (provided the apps themselves haven't been removed from the Marketplace). In Zune, go to Settings > Account > Purchase History > Apps. That should get you to all the apps you ever installed, which are still in the Marketplace.

For now anyway, the only way to get apps to automatically install is to get them through Zune on your PC, instead of getting them through Marketplace on your phone. Unfortunately, you can't install apps through Zune if you've done it through your phone originally, so, for each of those apps, you'll have to search and install through your phone. In the future, however, until they fix it, I suggest buying apps through Zune just in case.

Great tip! Didn't know that.... Thanks..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans