WP Central APP

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone actually bought this? Why or why not? I'm not sure if i want to pay for it when i could simply log on to the site via my Trophy's IE

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought it as soon as it was available, it's so convenient for me, much faster than firing up IE. Love it! :)

Well laid out with video reviews, app reviews, game reviews, comment reading etc all in a yummy Metro interface.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you access the forums from the app as well

Not yet, but perhaps it's planned in a future version. I think the next updates are Mango related spinning tiles and being able to add comments etc.

Here's the developers blog SleepyTheDon,(Jay Bennett) it's worth checking now and again if you want to keep up with what's happening regarding the WPC app.

jaytbennett

Hope you find it of some interest. I think Jay is on holiday at the moment so it might not be updated for a little while.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought it, mainly to support this site. I found it to be very useful and, convenient. The live tile worked priori to 1.3. It no longer is doing it. Is that the same for other people too?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought it, mainly to support this site. I found it to be very useful and, convenient. The live tile worked priori to 1.3. It no longer is doing it. Is that the same for other people too?
It's works fine in Mango Vallos, you'll have the dreaded end point bug likely. (Live tiles stop working)

The live tile just updates on important items then the tile reverts back to the WPC logo.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought it I think its a great app the developer is a great guy he supports the app like he have birth to it, which I guess he did in a way, and because I like to support WP developers.

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Not yet, but perhaps it's planned in a future version. I think the next updates are Mango related spinning tiles and being able to add comments etc.

Here's the developers blog SleepyTheDon,(Jay Bennett) it's worth checking now and again if you want to keep up with what's happening regarding the WPC app.

jaytbennett

Hope you find it of some interest. I think Jay is on holiday at the moment so it might not be updated for a little while.

Thanks ill check it out

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought it I think its a great app the developer is a great guy he supports the app like he have birth to it, which I guess he did in a way, and because I like to support WP developers.

You guys sound like WP Central Employees or Devs tryna pitch me on the App...LOL Ok i ll buy it because I plan on being a Dev in the near future (working on that now)

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I confess I'm only using the Trial version, but as soon as I can get apps with MS Points, I'll buy it right away.

The fact that we cant use MS points has me only using the trail of a lot of apps. I just got my Trophy yesterday so Im still a little wet behind the ears

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb