Best turn-by-turn GPS app?

vamn

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see a topic dedicated to this. But what would you all recommend as the best GPS app?

So far, I've looked at Drive On but that is way too slow and unresponsive to be remotely useful. And the Telenav app that came pre-installed on phone wants a $10 monthly fee (!!!)

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
TeleNav is expensive, but it's a very impressive program. It came on my old Treo Pro with Windows Mobile 6.1.

After trying it for 30 days, I was hooked on it and bought their $99 a year subscription.

It not only the GPS, it's all the other functions of showing what is around you or finding what else you are looking for, where ever you are.

If the other GPS programs don't work out for you, give it a try.

vamn

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all.

Navigon looks great. I might hold out and see if that comes out later this month when mango gets released. I'll try out those other two programs in the meantime.

I'm sure Telenav is an excellent GPS, but I can get recommendations for what's around through Yelp or Foursquare. And I just can't justify dropping another $99 a year on top of the phone bill. If I were to do that, I'd just pick up a Garmin or one of the GPS systems they occasionally sell on Woot.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like something that works over here in Panama and other countries. God, I miss Nokia Maps...

EDIT: How about Waze? It's free and info is crowd-sourced. I don't get why it hasn't come to WP7 yet.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss