Samsung Now App Gone From Marketplace

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Went looking for the Now app to see some of the reviews, and it wasn't in the Samsung Zone. So, stupidly, I thought, "Maybe it'll show up if I delete it from my device," which didn't work. So, now I don't have the app (not exactly a huge loss) and it's still not in the marketplace. Can anyone confirm it's not there for them, either? Or know what might be going on with it?

Running Mango RTM.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep it's gone from the UK marketplace. I only installed it again the other night as it's now Mango compatible. Good improvement over the last version.

Only problem i noticed was the live tile doesn't update until you run the app.

I'm sure it will be back soon BlobDude

My version is 2.1.3.1 so when it appears again with a different build number, you'll know something has maybe been changed.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you think it's got something about the news that the Mango version was released? I read once an app has a Mango version they can no longer update the NoDo version.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it has returned, with an update. Not sure what the update fixes, but it still only updates the weather live tile when you open the app.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed its return too. My phone is telling me there is an update, but I cannot update right now - error message. First time I updated to the new Now it worked fine until I actually re-opened the app to look at the settings. After that it would not update unless I opened the app. It also appeared to kill my battery life - overnight my battery would go down over 30% whereas usually it is less than 10%. Hope the update fixes this.
El Mono

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Still not seeing it in the Samsung Zone, myself. Never noticed that battery issue, hope it is fixed. Mobile Print app isn't showing up for me, either. Going to reboot my phone and see if anything changes.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me... I've done a clean install (post hard reset) three times now; twice with 2.1 and once with 2.2, everytime my battery life takes a nose dive. It's the only app that I can attribute this to. I can live with having to open the app to update the weather (though it should work without having to do that), but the battery drain is unacceptable. Don't know what else to attribute it to.
El Mono
P.S. Obviously running 7720.68.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa