How do I get my apps back?

IceDigger

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought a HTC Arrive when they first come out and have not used it for a while.

I just activated it again today and formated it to start again from scratch and was wondering how to get all the apps and games I purchased back?

I have the same windows live ID.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You have to painstakingly go on the marketplace on your phone and redownload them all. Just hit "buy" and a screen will pop up saying you already purchased the app and whether you would like to reinstall it.

You can get a list of your previous downloads in the zune software under settings/accounts/purchases I believe.

And yes, Microsoft needs to come up with a better way of doing this

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had to replace my phone twice (both my fault) and hard reset probably 3 or 4 times.

Yeah, yeah it is quite annoying. Infuriating, really but oh well.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i would add my vote for a local backup of apps or at least an app backup on the phone device page on Live.com that would gather all your purchased and/or downloaded apps in one place. Until they get a kin-style studio on that page, it's not doing much.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I said it in other threads, but, until they fix it, if you want to auto-reload apps, get them through Zune on your PC instead of the Marketplace on your phone. This method won't work for apps you've already gotten through your phone in the first place, but it'll work for any new apps you might want to get.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I said it in other threads, but, until they fix it, if you want to auto-reload apps, get them through Zune on your PC instead of the Marketplace on your phone. This method won't work for apps you've already gotten through your phone in the first place, but it'll work for any new apps you might want to get.

This is true. Zune will auto-load any apps you have purchased/downloaded through the software. This gets really annoying when you downloaded a bunch of crap through the software when you first got the phone and have to go through and uninstall them =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs