01-18-2012 11:05 PM
103 12345
tools
    Ok I'm loving mango. It really is a beautiful thing, but where is audible app and pandora. I don't understand why we don't have these apps yet. Is there some beef that audible and pandora has with ms I don't know about. Anyone know?
    I haven't heard anything. Have you requested these apps for WP from the developers?
    10-03-2011 12:48 PM
    When showing off the lovely Mango-ness of my WP to my girlfriend, she said "until more apps come across, I'm still going to wait"... so we went through her list of favourite apps, and the only one we got stuck on (which is really cool) is Vouchcloud. I've just posted on their FB asking if they have plans to developed for the WP...
    10-03-2011 12:50 PM
    I'd personally like to see the following hitting WP7 soon..

- Squarespace [Mainly because I use their system to run my website]
    - Dropbox [Ok there are good 3rd party apps, but can't match official]
    - Vouchercloud [UK voucher/coupon/discount service, would be nice for a WP7 app]
    - Google+ [Surely this has to happen soon? Can't be sticking with the mobile website]

I must admit I was surprised when I updated to Mango to find the likes of WhatsApp, Pulse & HTC Locations in the Marketplace.
    10-04-2011 06:15 PM
    Vouchercloud got back to me stating that once the BB version is complete, they're starting the build for WP. Yayness! :)

I could REALLY do with a font recognition app for work...
    10-10-2011 05:56 AM
    I would like an official TiVo app, I just tweeted @TiVo and @Tivodesign to make one... i'll post back if I get any response....

Pandora would be cool, but now that I have Zune Pass I may not need Pandora or Slacker...

Still new to apps, so I'll have to poke around and see what I can find and what I might need still
    10-16-2011 05:58 PM
    Since my first posting was deleted (don't blame the OP at all; I would have deleted it also) I would like to state what's important to me.

I have been and will continue to be a MS fanboi when it comes to program useage and integration. My primary use of any smartphone is to keep my contacts,calendar and tasks up to date with my Outlook DB. After that, anything would be nice but I would suggest these areas to look at:

Seamless integration with Outlook; using the cloud or a well defined set of instructions on how to best do this task. I have tried all the third party entries and nothing beats plain and simple Activesync we used for years. I know it's not a major need to the gamers or the social network people but it's important to any business user.

Wells Fargo app
    USB direct connect

Thanks for not deleting this post. I hope I made my point about many of us not being gamers and social networkers. I too, use these capabilities but need the basics first.
    10-17-2011 08:42 AM
    oh yeah, I left off a Hulu+ app, that would be sweet, I'll tweet that out later
    electricbopeep likes this.
    10-17-2011 10:54 AM
    j.tv app please and more sports apps with live tiles functions
    10-17-2011 02:00 PM
    Missing Apps for me:

- CBS Sports Fantasy Football App
    - HBO Go
    - Max Go
    10-17-2011 03:23 PM
    hmm, an official LinkedIn app would be nice
    10-18-2011 08:51 PM
    Coming from iOS I miss the following:

- Google Voice - FreeVoice and GoVoice are OK but something with native notifications is needed.
    - A Yahoo IM App (or a 'Mango' version of IM+ with better notifications)
    - The Watch ESPN app - Live streaming ESPN was a 'killer app' on the iPhone for me
    10-20-2011 12:23 PM
    i would love to have some proper DJing apps like virtualDJ and what not... i think its fun as a DJ that when i have an idea i can mix it there and then and also would like some production tools... thats really all i miss on my phone
    10-23-2011 02:08 AM
    I'm coming from an Iphone 4, so I really miss some apps :

Linkedin
    Lync
    SIP/VOIP Client
    Tweetdeck
    electricbopeep likes this.
    10-24-2011 09:48 AM

Linkedin
    Lync
    SIP/VOIP Client
    Tweetdeck

just out of curiosity, what advantages does Tweetdeck offer over the official Twitter app that is currently available? I really like the twitter app, it has some advantages over the official twitter app for BB. But it is a little buggy, like if I click on follow or unfollow it does the action I request, but the icon never changes, so I don't really know if the action went through until I check my contacts
    10-24-2011 10:56 AM
    just out of curiosity, what advantages does Tweetdeck offer over the official Twitter app that is currently available? I really like the twitter app, it has some advantages over the official twitter app for BB. But it is a little buggy, like if I click on follow or unfollow it does the action I request, but the icon never changes, so I don't really know if the action went through until I check my contacts
    Hi Mike,

What I like in tweetdeck it is the tabs feature, I'm following several hash subjects, like #opsmgr, #systctr, and when I had tweetdeck on my Iphone, I just had to swipe on left/right to see tweets about each topics that I'm interested in.

The second feature that I also like, it's when I read a tweet in tweetdeck on my Iphone, It was mark as read in my tweetdeck on my pc.
    10-25-2011 02:03 AM
    Hi Mike,

What I like in tweetdeck it is the tabs feature, I'm following several hash subjects, like #opsmgr, #systctr, and when I had tweetdeck on my Iphone, I just had to swipe on left/right to see tweets about each topics that I'm interested in.

The second feature that I also like, it's when I read a tweet in tweetdeck on my Iphone, It was mark as read in my tweetdeck on my pc.
    You can set up Rowi in the same fashion with the hashtags (and a few others as well). Hopefully down the line Rowi and MetroTwit (PC) will function the same way as Tweetdeck wrt knowing what has already been read.
    10-25-2011 11:14 AM
    Thanks, I will try Rowi asap :)
    10-26-2011 01:02 AM
    Heytell.

EDIT: It's nice to see WP Peeps putting the pressure on them via their Facebook page.

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO GUYS! INSTEAD OF MOANING ABOUT AN APP NOT BEING AVAILABLE, TAKE YOUR TIME TO LET THE DEVELOPER KNOW THERE'S A DEMAND FOR THEIR APP. :)
    10-27-2011 03:46 PM

Linkedin
    Lync
    SIP/VOIP Client
    Tweetdeck
    IN+ networking and Link 2in are both good LinkedIn apps. I use IN+ Networking.

But its always good to have official apps as well, so let them know you want it:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mar...pps/181905.htm
    10-27-2011 04:37 PM
    Here is my list

ESPN Fantasy Football
    HeyTell
    Face Dial
    Scores and Odds
    DISH Remote Access
    11-10-2011 09:52 PM
    ESPN Fantasy Football
    A working bank of america app
    LA Times
    Words/Hanging with Friends
    11-10-2011 11:18 PM
    ESPN Fantasy Football
    A working bank of america app
    LA Times
    Words/Hanging with Friends
    There's an LA Times app in the Marketplace
    11-10-2011 11:32 PM
    Logmein Ignition

I want Skype and Lync built into the phone that would be sweet
    11-10-2011 11:42 PM
    What about Netflix, Hulu? Those are killer apps on any mobile device.
    11-10-2011 11:52 PM
    What about Netflix, Hulu? Those are killer apps on any mobile device.
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e
    11-11-2011 12:06 AM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD