Apps missing from WP7

Riftsurfer

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Coming from iOS I miss the following:

- Google Voice - FreeVoice and GoVoice are OK but something with native notifications is needed.
- A Yahoo IM App (or a 'Mango' version of IM+ with better notifications)
- The Watch ESPN app - Live streaming ESPN was a 'killer app' on the iPhone for me

daddymassacre

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Music Apps!!!

i would love to have some proper DJing apps like virtualDJ and what not... i think its fun as a DJ that when i have an idea i can mix it there and then and also would like some production tools... thats really all i miss on my phone

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an Iphone 4, so I really miss some apps :

Linkedin
Lync
SIP/VOIP Client
Tweetdeck

just out of curiosity, what advantages does Tweetdeck offer over the official Twitter app that is currently available? I really like the twitter app, it has some advantages over the official twitter app for BB. But it is a little buggy, like if I click on follow or unfollow it does the action I request, but the icon never changes, so I don't really know if the action went through until I check my contacts

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
just out of curiosity, what advantages does Tweetdeck offer over the official Twitter app that is currently available? I really like the twitter app, it has some advantages over the official twitter app for BB. But it is a little buggy, like if I click on follow or unfollow it does the action I request, but the icon never changes, so I don't really know if the action went through until I check my contacts

Hi Mike,

What I like in tweetdeck it is the tabs feature, I'm following several hash subjects, like #opsmgr, #systctr, and when I had tweetdeck on my Iphone, I just had to swipe on left/right to see tweets about each topics that I'm interested in.

The second feature that I also like, it's when I read a tweet in tweetdeck on my Iphone, It was mark as read in my tweetdeck on my pc.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mike,

What I like in tweetdeck it is the tabs feature, I'm following several hash subjects, like #opsmgr, #systctr, and when I had tweetdeck on my Iphone, I just had to swipe on left/right to see tweets about each topics that I'm interested in.

The second feature that I also like, it's when I read a tweet in tweetdeck on my Iphone, It was mark as read in my tweetdeck on my pc.

You can set up Rowi in the same fashion with the hashtags (and a few others as well). Hopefully down the line Rowi and MetroTwit (PC) will function the same way as Tweetdeck wrt knowing what has already been read.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Heytell.

EDIT: It's nice to see WP Peeps putting the pressure on them via their Facebook page.

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO GUYS! INSTEAD OF MOANING ABOUT AN APP NOT BEING AVAILABLE, TAKE YOUR TIME TO LET THE DEVELOPER KNOW THERE'S A DEMAND FOR THEIR APP. :)

L

lumic

According to the comments on that page the latest update broke the app. So once again, just having the app isn't good enough. The app has to be insanely great, like it is on iOS.
How about you take a look at the thread title?

Your borderline trolling is just getting old now.

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Grindr! freiking heck haha ... try convincing a gay guy that has an iphone of android phone to come accross! ... The first question is 'does it have grindr?' bb ios and android has it ... lets get this app!

Absolutely this. There's no way my gay friends(large, large majority) would want WP without Grindr, me included. In addition to that, I'd like Skype(I know, it's coming), Cut the Rope(it's one of very few games I actually do like), and a Reddit application that doesn't suck(fortunately, this one is being worked on and looks very promising). I really want WP to do well, but I just don't feel it's feasible for me yet personally with the things it doesn't have. I love the UI, and I hope to see a lot more use of the live tiles as well.

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see:
Words with Friends(because I have lots of friends who play this and its easier for me to get it then to convince them all to switch)
Wells Fargo
HBO Go
Air Video
Snapseed
Angry Birds Season and Rio
Infinity Blade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99