Slacker for Mango?

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
When I look at Slacker in the marketplace, it doesn't give me the update option, but slacker on my phone still doesn't play in the background. I was under the impression that the app had already been updated for Mango - is that not true?

I also just saw that my app says "Slacker Radio" on the live tile, "Slacker" on the App list, and the app on the Marketplace says "Slacker Radio." Was a new version submitted and do I have to uninstall and reinstall?

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I ever noticed that as a problem, but the volume seems great to me at least - I'm using the app right now. (IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!)

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My slacker just got updated this morning. It wouldnt let me force the update either. Took awhile for my updates to kick in. Just hang in there.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I never got the update notice, but I uninstalled/reinstalled it just now and it's background playing just fine now. BIG improvement!

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
It really is. Tune In radio has also been updated. At first, I was concerned because it seemed to make Weave and other apps run slower. But as the apps get updated and with the new background system, I'm amazed at this phone.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed slacker lags more after the update? Swiping between screens is jerky and sometimes it will get stuck at the loading screen and I have to restart it.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed slacker lags more after the update? Swiping between screens is jerky and sometimes it will get stuck at the loading screen and I have to restart it.

Yes, I've noticed this as well on my HTC Arrive. It's actually getting fairly irritating.

aber84

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes the volume issue appears to be better

I was able to force update mine. I looked in the markeplace, then I found slacker and clicked update.

It appears the volume issue has been addressed. I was able to hear it fine on speaker, where before I had to have dog ears. I have not put it on headphones, yet, since I left them at work. I keep slacker on for 8 hours, put the headphones on and drown out co-workers. I am excited that it will be easier to do now that the volume is clearly louder than before.

I have a Samsung Focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6