BoardExpress in Mango

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone play with BoardExpress in Mango yet? It seems worse than NoDo. Text input is super laggy now, almost to the point it's unusable. It'd be nice if there was an update to fix this, but I've pretty much gave up hope about contacting the developer to get new updates.

Edit: On the plus side the forums seem a lot faster in IE9.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it works better to me. There certainly isn't any consistency with this app. Drives me crazy sometimes.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for a board express mango update. Hopefully I'll be able to pin forums to my start and hopefully they will each be live tiles that show me the latest topics...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope :/. I'm hoping Tapatalk gets their stuff together and makes a WP7 app.

I think i read somewhere tha BE is made by the same devs that make Tapatalk.

The best thing would be if the wpcentral app had a forum section, i would be willing to pay more for it if it did have it.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The best thing would be if the wpcentral app had a forum section, i would be willing to pay more for it if it did have it.

Yeah that's now the second most requested feature (after comments). I'll have a look at the tapatalk API next week when I get a chance and see what I might be able to cook up.

I'll tell you now that I won't be changing the price of the app (unless I have to cover any licensing fees) so forum access will be covered in the $0.99 paid version, but won't be available to those with the free version.

Not going to make any promises but does anyone have any requests as to what the forums section of the app should offer? (expect the first attempt to be sign in, view and post and that's about it)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's now the second most requested feature (after comments). I'll have a look at the tapatalk API next week when I get a chance and see what I might be able to cook up.

I'll tell you now that I won't be changing the price of the app (unless I have to cover any licensing fees) so forum access will be covered in the $0.99 paid version, but won't be available to those with the free version.

Not going to make any promises but does anyone have any requests as to what the forums section of the app should offer? (expect the first attempt to be sign in, view and post and that's about it)

That'd be pretty cool if you could get a simple forum client working. I only use BoardExpress for WPCentral. The only features I really use is navigating the forums, reading threads, replying to threads, and being able to quote someone's post and reply to it.

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I think that is about all it would need. It only needs to be simple. Maybe a recent activity/Active topics/new posts button or section but other than that.......

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree, Keeping it simple is the best. Once you have the foundation set then you can work on other features. I would really like to see this happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett