RSS Reader with live tiles

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My answers have been met!!
I updated Nextgen Reader after the Mango update and noticed you can get updated on tiles now. I see two ways so far.. The main tile for the reader will give you a # update of new articles. You can also make tiles for specific RSS feeds and see updates this way too.
So far I have seen it update a couple of times.. I'm trying to see how accurate and consistant it is now.

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have had with it is sometimes it doesn't clear read article. It will keep on showing them as unread. Other than that its been good!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
What mode are you in, All items or unread only? In the betas I was in this never was an issue and isn't for me at all in Unread only mode.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No when you are in your Feeds pivot what is the icon of the bottom right? You can toggle it to show unread only or all feeds. Since that option was put in and running unread only I've never had an issue with a feed not being marked as read. The article in question basically will just disappear once you back arrow.

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I have it set on unread only. I just noticed that every time I go into the app now when it shows new articles I still have to sync for them to pop up. Is that happening to you too?

ngreader

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
@BORIStheBLADE please let me know if you're still facing any issues.

@Dagolara Thanks again for support. The v2.2 beta is coming in a week with many improvements.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

@Dagolara Thanks again for support. The v2.2 beta is coming in a week with many improvements.

Np, glad to see you active on the forum and thanks again for the detailed email on my background tasks email.

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for asking about the app.

After the last update my problem stopped.

I just noticed this last week though I don't get any live updates on the tile anymore. I'm going to delete and install the app again.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for asking about the app.

After the last update my problem stopped.

I just noticed this last week though I don't get any live updates on the tile anymore. I'm going to delete and install the app again.

Check in settings (settings->applications->background tasks) and make sure the background task hasn't been auto turned off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes