Todays App Updates

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
BBC News Mobile (Lawrence Gripper) v4.1.0.0 - Great app!!!
- No change log

Just noticed this myself. Kinda odd as I thought the app had been pulled from the Marketplace?

Removal of the BBC News Applications for Windows Phone and Windows 8 | Grippers.co.uk

I don't know if I should update, worried it might cease functioning then.

Edit:

Maybe it was brought back and I didn't realize it? If I search for it on the phone, it doesn't come up for me but it does appear to show up on the web

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bbc-news-mobile/cf88a758-84df-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I should update, worried it might cease functioning
Gonna install this on my 720 that didn't have this app installed so far.
Edit: Just did and the splash screen says "Due to the actions taken by BBC this application will soon change to become Paper Boy." it then gives you two options, one that'll take you to the store Paper Boy page, and the other will let you continue setting up the BBC app. So there you go.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Gonna install this on my 720 that didn't have this app installed so far.
Edit: Just did and the splash screen says "Due to the actions taken by BBC this application will soon change to become Paper Boy." it then gives you two options, one that'll take you to the store Paper Boy page, and the other will let you continue setting up the BBC app. So there you go.

Wish I hadn't updated but the lack of a change log and the fact that I wasn't aware that the app was due to be pulled meant that I thought some nice new features had been added.

Oh well, gonna have to enjoy it for the time being and see what happens. Be a shame to lose it as it's a great app.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Wish I hadn't updated but the lack of a change log and the fact that I wasn't aware that the app was due to be pulled meant that I thought some nice new features had been added.

Oh well, gonna have to enjoy it for the time being and see what happens. Be a shame to lose it as it's a great app.

so are you saying i shouldnt update as it will then cease to work ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05