Sports Apps

narrow-minded

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any apps that report pro/college sports scores and have toast notifications/live tiles? ESPN doesn't do it, and I don't think ScoreCenter does (I could be wrong).

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
What about for european football? (you call it soccer)

My Football covers a vast assortment of leagues all around the world, gives toasts for goals of your teams and the tile displays your favorite with their last score and W/L/D in the last 5 matches.

pedroPT

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Both apps are disappointing (ESPN and My Football).
The first has no Notifications.
The second does not allow you to try most of the capabilities before buying.
None of them has other national football tournaments beyond the main league (national cups, league cups,...)

It's a start nevertheless...

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Both apps are disappointing (ESPN and My Football).
The first has no Notifications.
The second does not allow you to try most of the capabilities before buying.
None of them has other national football tournaments beyond the main league (national cups, league cups,...)

It's a start nevertheless...

Yeah I wish it has National teams as well as Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana but it has enough of the other teams I follow to be worth the purchase for me, ymmv.

JayHansen

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you mention the 'you call it soccer'; The ESPN app completely confused me for almost a whole five minutes with their Add a sport menu; I couldn't for the life of me work out why clicking on the 'Football' option didn't bring up ...ermmm... football! :)

The Premier League + app is definitely worth trialing for the european leagues, nice looking and has some really cool features. I emailed the developer and he said he's working on mango style tiles / notifications for the next version.

My Football is ok - lots of leagues but the interface can feel a bit clunky. Clever what they did with the tile; I've not seen that much detail put on a tile before..

Last edited:

JayHansen

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Toasty Tiles

What about for european football? (you call it soccer)

Got an update through for the Premier League + app today which I'm loving; now includes a two-sided (i.e. flips over) scores tile and goal notifications. It works really nicely - you can set notifications up for two teams which is great if you follow more than one league with it, and the main Tile cleverly updated today not just with thescores but also showed when the match was half-time, second half, full-time etc. Clever stuff. Just need one for rugby league now.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
sportsscores has an excellent live tile. You can choose up to 4 teams, and it displays the scores/etc on a double sided tile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon