Turn by Turn Offline (US & Can)

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the Navigon app has a lane assist feature, i.e. as you come up to a turn it shows you a 3D representation of the turn and what lane you need to be in (including relevant signage). This seems like a very useful feature and one I wished my stand alone Garmin had. Does Turn-by-Turn have this feature?

a3p3g

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the Navigon app has a lane assist feature, i.e. as you come up to a turn it shows you a 3D representation of the turn and what lane you need to be in (including relevant signage). This seems like a very useful feature and one I wished my stand alone Garmin had. Does Turn-by-Turn have this feature?

turn by turn does not have this feature. i used the original (non offline map version) of turn by turn for a while and loved it but missed the 3d maps and offline maps. i recently purchased navigon and love it! the lane assist is pretty useful and overall a great little app especially for me since I no longer have a data plan and have had no hicups.

i tested the new version of turn by turn for 24hrs (thats the trial period) and it's pretty solid and quick too however i really did miss the 3d maps again once i was spoiled w/ navigon.

turn by turn has a much simpler interface but i see navigon as a much closer option as a gps handheld replacement. the only knock on it is the huge amount of space needed (about 1.6gb) for the maps. some people have complained about the price but if you get it now before november its about exactly the price of turn by turn so much better option imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6