No Epocrates or Medscape coming?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am a medical professional currently using Android. I would like to check out WP7, but I need a drug information app on my phone. Epocrates and Medscape are both available for iOS and Android, but they don't appear to be yet available for WP7. Has anyone heard anything about these valuable tools coming to this platform? Is anyone using a suitable alternative?

greenjbhsd

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Epocrates is weak. It is a full browser experience on a mobile screen. Medscape kicks to a mobile browsing experience and works well. It is peppy andheady to use. I have been a epocrates user for year and will have to use medscape now. I am on the drug manufacturing side so I look up drugs all the time for interactions when doing complaint handling.

I am on a focus s - so browsing with a 4.3 inch screen.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Medscape working well in a browser is a definite plus. I saw an app for WP7 called Davis Drug but it's $49.99. I can't imagine what it can offer at that price to make it worthwhile.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I replied to you on another thread about medical apps:

"Well, I'm glad to report I've been making do with Internet Explorer and UpToDate online That's an excellent reference site and their mobile version makes it fast to load and easy to concentrate on the info at hand. Wish IE9 kept the find in page feature, would make it easier for us to look something up.

MajorLonghorn, Epocrates doesn't render quite as good on my Focus. Though I've just been able to try out the Drugs portion of their site, because I'm from outside U.S. and they don't like us over here.

Medscape, on the other hand, has a great mobile site that works amazingly well. It's another one I've been relying on heavily during my current rotation and it's fast to load and has big headers to navigate quickly."

Here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3