04-25-2012 07:16 AM
37 12
tools
    That's weird. When I opened mine the tweet is where my last tweet position.
    As in when you re-launched? Or just when you switched back to it?
    11-03-2011 03:48 AM
    As in when you re-launched? Or just when you switched back to it?
    Re-launched. havent noticed when I switched back. Will have a look later.
    11-03-2011 07:44 AM
    Just installed Rowi - this is a SWEET looking app. This is how Windows Phone apps should all look like.
    04-21-2012 06:14 PM
    Best? Carbon. flawless.
    04-22-2012 03:43 PM
    I like Mehdoh... Honestly for the extent of my twitter usage the built in functionality is mostly sufficient.
    04-22-2012 03:49 PM
    Try Gleek. Its awesome and can save your place in the timeline. There are many settings that You do have to fiddle with so it starts where you want to and acts like You want to. Wit it looks Good and works great.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-22-2012 03:50 PM
    I think it is rather sad the official Twitter app hasn't been updated ever since it came out, if I'm not mistaken. Even though there are great paid (Rowi, Carbon, Gleek,) and free (Medoh) alternatives, Windows Phone users deserve a decent official app.

In spite of being part of a small crowd of users slowly growing, we still use Twitter, and they benefit from that even if we don't use their crappy app. They should provide an official experience up to par with the iOS and Android versions.

I wish there was a way to raise awareness and cause enough noise to have someone at Twitter do something the same way the Skype on low-end phones issue was promptly fixed and controlled.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express
    04-25-2012 01:55 AM
    I think it is rather sad the official Twitter app hasn't been updated ever since it came out, if I'm not mistaken. Even though there are great paid (Rowi, Carbon, Gleek,) and free (Medoh) alternatives, Windows Phone users deserve a decent official app.

In spite of being part of a small crowd of users slowly growing, we still use Twitter, and they benefit from that even if we don't use their crappy app. They should provide an official experience up to par with the iOS and Android versions.

I wish there was a way to raise awareness and cause enough noise to have someone at Twitter do something the same way the Skype on low-end phones issue was promptly fixed and controlled.
    If you did a quick search, you'd notice that the official Twitter app is on version 1.3 and was updated in November. So it's not as bad as you think :]

IMO, it's more important to focus on bringing over quality apps for services where there is no opportunity for a full-blown third-party alternative. Trending games, for example - Draw Something and Angry Birds Space. Local apps for banks and transit. Or even improving the Facebook app, which is apparently being done.

The Skype issue was really never an issue, it seems Skype just wanted to play it safe at launch. As this site reported, Justin Angel called in for a podcast on the 610, through the (beta) Skype app. The submission process must have flagged Skype as slightly too intensive for 256MB devices as it stands.
    04-25-2012 03:33 AM
    The official Twitter app isn't that bad. I use it on occasion. For the price (free) it is actually pretty good. Even better though is Mehdoh. Why Chris Fields (the dev) doesn't charge for this app is beyond me. Carbon is also good, but my number one Twitter app, by far, is Gleek. Scott Peterson has doe an incredible job with this. I love all of the different options that are available in it. Many more than that even Rowi and Carbon. Gleek is not perfect, but is still easily the one I spend the most time in.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-25-2012 05:01 AM
    with the recent rowi update i say its neck and neck between rowi and carbon both are amazing
    04-25-2012 05:45 AM
    What you guys say is valid, but being at version 1.3 and still no notifications, toasts or live tiles? All this after 2 years? It really sucks. This comes from a guy whose first smartphone was an Xperia X1 and then went to mid range Androids for about 2 years because he couldn't afford a Windows Phone (Which no carrier offers in my Contry). I hold love and nostalgia over Windows Phones, but you can't pretend like the official Twitter app situation is quite a bummer, and I'm sugarcoating this.

Microsoft has to acknowledge the fact that most people in those countries they're targeting now using mid/low range phones don't have access to credit cards and the only free decent alternative to Twitter with notifications every half an an hour is MehDoh which, by the looks of it, won't be updated ever again. This might be a deal breaker in countries like Venezuela (they plan to localize their Marketplace here) where people love tweeting and can find affordable Android phones with a free and feature-rich official app with push notifications.

I would love it if Twitter could take all the input and app reviews at the marketplace seriously.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express
    04-25-2012 07:01 AM
    I really like Carbon.
    04-25-2012 07:16 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD