What's the best Twitter app?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi does this. I use Simply Tweet on my iPod, and it's one of the best twitter apps on any platform.
Hmm never looked into other Twitter apps compared to the main one and I don't use the official one since it does not have a break from last seen tweets to new tweets like I've seen on all the ones I have used on my iPod.

Any of these suggested ones do this?

jonrwg

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Rowi seems to be the ONLY twitter app that even has the OPTION to save your last read tweet location. Why is that?? Don't devs realize that sometimes people dont get around to catching up on timelines for hours!! This seems to be a staple of a feature on every app on every other platform??

Kudos for Rowi for being the only one, but load times and semi-crashes while trying to catch up on timelines detract from the app. Why only load 25 tweets at a time and then jump away from previous last read location.

Uggh. Nothings perfect. Why can't it be perfect!!??

Well, Mehdoh does that. :)

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, Mehdoh does that. :)
i gave Mehdoh a try last night based on some comments in this thread ... i like it a lot, it's quick!

opened it this morning, caught up on my timeline, got busy at work, checked it 2 hours later and when i opened it the tweet at the top was from "4m" ago ... that's not keeping your last read tweet position.

is that what you're taking about Mehdoh doing?

jonrwg

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
i gave Mehdoh a try last night based on some comments in this thread ... i like it a lot, it's quick!

opened it this morning, caught up on my timeline, got busy at work, checked it 2 hours later and when i opened it the tweet at the top was from "4m" ago ... that's not keeping your last read tweet position.

is that what you're taking about Mehdoh doing?
That's weird. When I opened mine the tweet is where my last tweet position.

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Try Gleek. Its awesome and can save your place in the timeline. There are many settings that You do have to fiddle with so it starts where you want to and acts like You want to. Wit it looks Good and works great.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I think it is rather sad the official Twitter app hasn't been updated ever since it came out, if I'm not mistaken. Even though there are great paid (Rowi, Carbon, Gleek,) and free (Medoh) alternatives, Windows Phone users deserve a decent official app.

In spite of being part of a small crowd of users slowly growing, we still use Twitter, and they benefit from that even if we don't use their crappy app. They should provide an official experience up to par with the iOS and Android versions.

I wish there was a way to raise awareness and cause enough noise to have someone at Twitter do something the same way the Skype on low-end phones issue was promptly fixed and controlled.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it is rather sad the official Twitter app hasn't been updated ever since it came out, if I'm not mistaken. Even though there are great paid (Rowi, Carbon, Gleek,) and free (Medoh) alternatives, Windows Phone users deserve a decent official app.

In spite of being part of a small crowd of users slowly growing, we still use Twitter, and they benefit from that even if we don't use their crappy app. They should provide an official experience up to par with the iOS and Android versions.

I wish there was a way to raise awareness and cause enough noise to have someone at Twitter do something the same way the Skype on low-end phones issue was promptly fixed and controlled.
If you did a quick search, you'd notice that the official Twitter app is on version 1.3 and was updated in November. So it's not as bad as you think :]

IMO, it's more important to focus on bringing over quality apps for services where there is no opportunity for a full-blown third-party alternative. Trending games, for example - Draw Something and Angry Birds Space. Local apps for banks and transit. Or even improving the Facebook app, which is apparently being done.

The Skype issue was really never an issue, it seems Skype just wanted to play it safe at launch. As this site reported, Justin Angel called in for a podcast on the 610, through the (beta) Skype app. The submission process must have flagged Skype as slightly too intensive for 256MB devices as it stands.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The official Twitter app isn't that bad. I use it on occasion. For the price (free) it is actually pretty good. Even better though is Mehdoh. Why Chris Fields (the dev) doesn't charge for this app is beyond me. Carbon is also good, but my number one Twitter app, by far, is Gleek. Scott Peterson has doe an incredible job with this. I love all of the different options that are available in it. Many more than that even Rowi and Carbon. Gleek is not perfect, but is still easily the one I spend the most time in.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
What you guys say is valid, but being at version 1.3 and still no notifications, toasts or live tiles? All this after 2 years? It really sucks. This comes from a guy whose first smartphone was an Xperia X1 and then went to mid range Androids for about 2 years because he couldn't afford a Windows Phone (Which no carrier offers in my Contry). I hold love and nostalgia over Windows Phones, but you can't pretend like the official Twitter app situation is quite a bummer, and I'm sugarcoating this.

Microsoft has to acknowledge the fact that most people in those countries they're targeting now using mid/low range phones don't have access to credit cards and the only free decent alternative to Twitter with notifications every half an an hour is MehDoh which, by the looks of it, won't be updated ever again. This might be a deal breaker in countries like Venezuela (they plan to localize their Marketplace here) where people love tweeting and can find affordable Android phones with a free and feature-rich official app with push notifications.

I would love it if Twitter could take all the input and app reviews at the marketplace seriously.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos