Glitches on Facebook 2.2?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting unusually jittery or jumpy news feed scrolling after when using the latest version of the Facebook app (2.2)?

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Yes, the same thing used to happen to the WPCentral app for me. The WPC app still does it a little bit, but it was pretty crazy before. I think it has something to do with it not caching everything (e.g., it seems to be reloading pictures that you pass) or something.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the same thing used to happen to the WPCentral app for me. The WPC app still does it a little bit, but it was pretty crazy before. I think it has something to do with it not caching everything (e.g., it seems to be reloading pictures that you pass) or something.

Thanks. It didn't seem that way on the previous version.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised more people aren't complaining about this. The official Facebook app is almost useless due to this jittery scrolling issue. It's been there for weeks now and no update? This is a Microsoft developed app no less.

The integrated People hub is nice but you will never see all your feeds on it due to it being a 3rd party app. It is not a good solution even though it is a selling point of the phone.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Looking back on how "often" Microsoft updated the Facebook App.. i dont think we'll see an update/fix for this until "Apollo"

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
the same jittery behavior is also happening for me on Twitter app which leads me to believe this is an OS bug and not an app problem.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe it is a problem with the OS. Before the official "Mango update" of Facebook, it scrolled smoother on Mango OS. The scrolling of the Facebook app has never been good even prior to Mango, but it was nothing like this. It has gone from bad to worse. I don't know about Twitter, but other apps like WPCentral (with latest update), Weave/WP7 News, USA Today, Engadget all scroll smoothly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos