What happened to Skyfire?

infenit101

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I know I saw it there in the market. Did it get pulled? I know MS loves its baby IE but its really not all that great of a browser.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I know I had it on my WM phone for awhile but they stopped supporting it with no warning. There were a few threads on it in other forums back about a year ago. The jest of it was that they used the WM community to work the kinks out and then turned it off for us and opened it up for Droid and iOS. I hadn't realized there was ever a WP version.

UVShane

Nov 4, 2011
twitter.com
If not has changed from Mango, which I haven't heard anything about, the only internet browser engine allowed on the OS/in the marketplace can only use the IE engine in the OS. So IE9 being the only browser, but developers can create somewhat of their own browser but only using the IE engine in phone. So I don't think Skyfire was ever in the Marketplace. If it was, it would be much different from Internet Explorer. That's why you don't see Opera Mini/Mobile entering the Marketplace or even any talk about it, unfortunately... :(

L

lumic

I know it's not probable since the scope will be immensely small, but I think it would be awesome if Opera or Skyfire would do a homebrew version so those who are unlocked could have an alternative.

SB_Pete

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not probable since the scope will be immensely small, but I think it would be awesome if Opera or Skyfire would do a homebrew version so those who are unlocked could have an alternative.

+1 to this. I for one would love to see Opera implemented on WP7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05