BBC News Mobile How To Guide?

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the BBC News app and I'm looking for a how to guide (I went to the developers website and didn't find anything). Specifically, I'm wondering how live tiles work (can I just have one live tile that gets all feeds, i.e., world, business, etc.) and I'm also not sure how to do offline reading (my train goes through a long tunnel every day, so that would be pretty helpful).

Thanks for any directions!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi wpbrian, no you can't combine all the topic into one tile you have to pin the topics you want as a seperate live tiles, sports, home world etc by long pressing them.

To dowwnload your selected feeds just click on the ... then + icon and make sure you have the feeds you want and then just hit the ... at the bottom and then the download icon, they should then all be available to read offline.

I hope some of that made sense lol. :)

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! Regarding offline mode, after I download do I just hit the same tile I would hit in online mode and it loads up the stories it downloaded? I ask because I did that this morning and it seemed to hang on the initial BBC Mobile screen, but I didn't give it much time (maybe five seconds) because I figured I was missing something.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes if you enter settings and turn on flight mode (simulating no signal) after the first moan of the app that it can't update latest news, you should be able to proceed to your feeds and read them as normal.

Providing you have previously downloaded them of course. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes