Problem with Whatsapp

felcruel

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone has installed the Whatsapp??

I have a HTC Titan and i think there?s a problem with my Whatsapp, it doesn?t warn me when new messages arrives, i have to open the app to check for new messages. Is this the way its supposed to work?

thanks!!

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
No, it's not the way it's supposed to work. In whatsapp settings, did you allow push notification ?

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not the way it's suppossed to work.

Do you have it pinned to your homescreen? That way the Live Tile can show you on a little number how many unread messages you have. If you don't have it pinned, there will only be a notification for a few seconds on top of your screen and if you're not there to read it, then you won't know you got it.

I still manage to miss a few messages from time to time, because sometimes messages won't arrive until I open up the app.

felcruel

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
i got it, i was trying to use with wi-fi only, but it seems that the push notifications needs data connection from the carrier, so when i turned the 3G on, it started to work!!

Thanks everyone!!

WinUser

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
faced problem where , i get the notification of message on Tile .but can not see the message when i browse the app.

Can this be network issue ?
idont think because ,same issue is seen in Wifi also.

has anyone seen this problem with Win phone + whatsapp ?

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
WinUser, I get the same thing, kinda.

Sometimes the notification pops up and the number of the live tile is displayed but when you go into the app you don't see the message.

It seems to (sometimes) take a bit of time for the message to appear. Generally, while in the app, it will pop up within about 10 seconds or so, it might be something to do with the data connection (which is odd since the notification got through).

Not sure why it does it, but it's annoying.

On a side note, Whatsapp and Kik seems to drink the battery if left running in the background. Is that anyone elses experience?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i haven't noticed any unusual battery drain when running WhatsApp in the background, and I've been using it since I got my device last week. I use WhatsApp frequently, probably more than any other app, since my chats are very active all day.

itsamarnath

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Nokia LUMIA 710 phone 2 days back. I am using a Vodafone India connection and have got 3G enabled.
I installed whatsapp messenger using my data plan and now, whatsapp is not working on my phone.
Has anybody else faced the same issue for whatsapp on your windows phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786