Sport score apps

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
Boggles my mind that the sports apps on wp7 are so lacking. Scoremobile would be so much better if it were upgraded to mango and also had live tiles, and toast notifications. Seems like it could be a killer sports apps, I don't know why it hasn't been updated yet. Also the ESPN app is nothing special, as its basically their mobile site for the scores. There is no other app worth mentioning here for sports scores all others are far worse. Why are they so bad? Even scoremobile on my bb was better.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Fiona C

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
What sport do you want? You might be better looking at one devoted to a particular sport as opposed to a do it all app that ends up diluting some of the content as a result. If it?s cricket the Live Cricket app is really good and has just had a mango update ? it doesn?t have a live tile/notification but it does alert you inside the app when e.g. a wicket falls. If it's football the Premier League + app has a cool live tile, toast goal alrts, covers 10 leagues, and lots of nice features. I agree with you about the ESPN app - it's a bit like one of those old wap web sites :confused: I don?t really know about the best devoted apps for other sports but be great to hear opinions.

Fiona C

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Mickey have you got a link to Hockey Track? I can't seem to find it by searching in Zune. There's one called "Hockey Tracker" with live tiles, is that it? Seems to have great tiles and notifications support.

Live Cricket International Cricket, 26 uk ratings averaging 4.5*, no live tile, 'in app' notifications, multiple news feeds, mango
Premier League + Football leagues, 73 uk ratings averaging 4.5*, 2-sided live tile, goal notifications, team & league news feeds, mango
Hockey Tracker NHL Hockey, 2 uk ratings averaging 4*, 2-sided live tile(s), goal notifications, mango

Any more live tile / notifications sports apps worth knowing about?

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know which ESPN app you're using, but the ESPN app is awesome. It'll be better when they add the scoring update. But it's not just their mobile site. Being able to follow your favorite teams, sports, college, conference is awesome.
Boggles my mind that the sports apps on wp7 are so lacking. Scoremobile would be so much better if it were upgraded to mango and also had live tiles, and toast notifications. Seems like it could be a killer sports apps, I don't know why it hasn't been updated yet. Also the ESPN app is nothing special, as its basically their mobile site for the scores. There is no other app worth mentioning here for sports scores all others are far worse. Why are they so bad? Even scoremobile on my bb was better.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
SportsScores lets you track 4 games (two on each side of the tile) and updates every 10 minutes. ProSportsScores only shows a single game on a live tile but updates every minute during a game. They both only provide basic scoring info for the major US leagues, although ProSports Scores does provide more detail when tapping on a game. Both of these are pinned to my Start screen. I use Score Mobile when I need some additional play by play detail. Sports Calendar gives you schedules for just about every league/sport you can think of. You can setup favorites which will send you a toast x minutes before the start of a game.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
ESPN Scorecenter works great for me. The UI is awesome!

I don't know what you mean by saying that it's just ESPN mobile.... The only time you are in ESPN mobile is when you are reading news stories. The actual scores, updates, and gamecenter pages are in the app.

grd1070

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Announcement: New awesome WP7 sports app! (Sports Now)

I wanted some better sports apps in the marketplace as well, so I spent the last few months developing a sports app that would pin scores to live tiles, as well as give me tons of info about the teams and leagues I wanted.

Introducing: Sports Now! http://bit.ly/sports_now

I am very dedicated to continuing to develop and improve this app, so please provide feedback and help me make it even better!

John

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Soccer Livescores is the best I found so far, you can filter which leagues to show, live score, you can view standings and top scorers, as well as the lineup and who scored.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb