Whats the deal with the two?

I haven't downloaded Google Maps yet but I just want to know if there's really such a big difference between Google and Bing. I mean, its just a map with my location on it, isn't it?
    11-18-2011 11:16 PM
    Not going to get Google Map on wp7.
    11-18-2011 11:23 PM
    Depends on functionality I guess. On the websites. Bing finds UK post codes that google doesnt find, and Google has street view, which I find invaluable. We have seen Bing camara vans in the UK though so I guess it will come.

Whether these features carry over to the app I dont know.
    11-21-2011 03:08 AM
    No street traffic on Bing Maps. I live in LA, so that pretty much makes Bing Maps useless for me.
    11-25-2011 12:09 AM
    No street traffic on Bing Maps. I live in LA, so that pretty much makes Bing Maps useless for me.
    That's funny because it does have traffic settings in the menu, and I live in the DC area.
    11-25-2011 04:26 AM
    I just don't like the Bing Maps interface - purely a personal taste thing, but the whole default satellite at full zoom view makes it harder to read to me.

Thankfully I now have Nokia Maps/Nokia Drive, which is really nice, so not an issue.
    11-25-2011 06:17 AM
    they both have their pros and cons.

personally i like BING better , out of the last 4 times i went on the road with my G-f ( she uses a Android phone ) we always ended up throwing her phone in the back seat and switching to BING on my WP . lol.

as for traffic , i live in Montreal, Canada i have traffic on my phone... and it works better then Google traffic cause it has more LEVELS of traffics...

Google ahs 3 , Bing has 4. BING gaves me a green, yellow , red, and black ... Google just give you green , yellow and red.

so bing actually ahs a better specification when it it comes to traffic. ( Google gives me a red line so I think its bad…. I look on bing its black so I know its HORRIBLE!! Lol ( I use it every night omw home from work , that way I know to take side streets )

as for street view , i find it more annoying then anything cause it always takes 5min to load. lol .
    11-25-2011 08:09 AM
    I live in LA too and I get traffic settings.

I prefer Bing Maps because it loads faster than Google Maps.
    11-25-2011 11:55 AM
    Bing gives me the faster way to were I'm going, googles fastest was a two hour difference from Bing

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    11-25-2011 12:00 PM
    I have both traffic and aerial of view, and I am in MA. And speaking of aerial view, I better go outside and see if someone stole my shed. I don't see it on the map. :D
    11-25-2011 06:33 PM
    google maps rips all over bing maps.

its integrations with navigation/google search/maps/sendling location via sms is seamless.

i give google 9/10

bing 4/10
    11-25-2011 10:33 PM
    I also live in LA and the traffic indicator works great!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    11-26-2011 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD