I cant believe PNC has no app for WP7. I have emailed PNC CSR asking about when or if an app was being created, and they told me that they had no information on that.

Is there a certain type of developer that creates these banking apps for banks? There is obviously some serious security concerns that need to be safeguarded. Not sure if PNC has its own department for creating and maintaining mobile support, or it uses a 3rd party dev for it.
    12-05-2011 07:52 AM
    It is company dependent. But I suspect all banks would do it internally for security reasons.

Just FYI, I had never heard of PNC before...
    12-05-2011 10:36 AM
    12-05-2011 10:48 AM
    I cant believe PNC has no app for WP7. I have emailed PNC CSR asking about when or if an app was being created, and they told me that they had no information on that.

Is there a certain type of developer that creates these banking apps for banks? There is obviously some serious security concerns that need to be safeguarded. Not sure if PNC has its own department for creating and maintaining mobile support, or it uses a 3rd party dev for it.
    [TinfoilHat]

It really depends. I know that Bank of America has an official app for WP7 but most other banks do not.

I have the HTC Arrive and the Nexus S 4G, and back in Android world, I know that my bank (US Bank) actually told people to use a 3rd party banking app (NEVER a good idea) because they didn't have one yet. They finally released an official Android app of their own (I'll never trust a 3rd party app with my banking info, neither should you...just to be safe).

[/TinfoilHat]
    12-05-2011 11:15 AM
    Wow, never knew it was that local. There is a bunch in cincinnati.

They told me to just use the mobile web version. That is fine, but its almost always slower than using a standalone app.
    12-05-2011 12:32 PM
    So I was poking around the interwebs today at work...

And I found that Chase has just released a Blackberry App...
    http://crackberry.com/chase-mobile-a...erry-app-world

I also found this article about Chase outsourcing their bank apps to a third party developer quite some time ago, and I'm hoping they were working on both Blackberry and WP7 concurrently. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Chase to Expand Mobile Check QuickDeposit Feature on Smartphones | MyBankTracker.com
    12-06-2011 03:54 PM
    I'm in NJ, and I use PNC as well. Recently contacted them via their Twitter account and was told "we'll look into it".....which basically means "go F yourself". :(
    selfcreation likes this.
    12-06-2011 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD