Record phone calls and back up sms

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to give another perspective, in the UK it is perfectly legal to record your phone-calls as long as they are for your own use.

travelerdawg

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
update on the backup SMS.

If you have an exchange account you can set it to also save text messages.

i had this on for a bit but didn't want it to mix with my emails.

Not sure if that helps but if you have exchange it is an option. You can turn it on in your Outlook webmail options.

if you don't have exchange, you can also get an exchange 2010 account for 5.00 a month.

Microsoft Exchange Online Pricing

Just giving you an option ;)

Thanks for that!

Check one of my wishlist off, kinda

irfanhaveri

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
could you share some info regarding that

Can you please let me know how I can setup exchange to also save sms coming to my phone from any number, not necessarily a exchange user?

Thanks

flaterud

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Are there any application in the Windows Marketplace that would allow me to record my phone conversations and back up my text messages. I am moving from an Android phone to the HTC Radar but if I do not have these two options with the windows phone I will be returning it. I was really looking forward to trying out the new operating system until I couldn't find any information on a recording app and a back up app!

Thank you for you help.
Its insane of microsoft to think that they will take any marketshare from android and iphone when there are so many things you cant do with a windows phone. The availability of a recording app is so standard. The fact that you cant do this is stupid.

Other strange issues:

1. When in a call you dont see the top part of a website in the web browser. if you try it wont let you.
2. The font size in task list is insanely large. you can only se 2-3 words
3. pdfs freeze and not able to scroll page by page..

I love microsoft but you cant hold features back when you compete with good companies... You have to be innovative. For example skype is the best there is. why dont you integrate it into the phone, outlook, windows. wherever you can. Even dynamics crm would be fantastic. imagine being able to call a customer straight from crm with skype.. without complicated plugins.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
@travelerdawg: And if you have a couple drinks at a restaurant or bar, and then proceed to run over someone's kid on the way home, I guess the bar/restaurant has nothing to worry about, right? Bereaved parents are already suing car makers, phone makers and carriers for allowing texting while driving. If recording a conversation is illegal (at least in the States) Microsoft won't touch it, for more than one reason.

Stick with Android if it's that important. Google doesn't think all that much about privacy, so no problem there.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Its insane of microsoft to think that they will take any marketshare from android and iphone when there are so many things you cant do with a windows phone. The availability of a recording app is so standard. The fact that you cant do this is stupid.

Other strange issues:

1. When in a call you dont see the top part of a website in the web browser. if you try it wont let you.
2. The font size in task list is insanely large. you can only se 2-3 words
3. pdfs freeze and not able to scroll page by page..

I love microsoft but you cant hold features back when you compete with good companies... You have to be innovative. For example skype is the best there is. why dont you integrate it into the phone, outlook, windows. wherever you can. Even dynamics crm would be fantastic. imagine being able to call a customer straight from crm with skype.. without complicated plugins.

Call recording standard? The iPhone doesn't allow for call recording and neither does BlackBerry devices (at least when I had one). The only call recording app for iPhone that I was aware of worked via 3-way call. It would call the number for you (with Caller ID blocked of course) then connect you to the call, but all the recording would be done on their end, not from your iPhone.

Plus, call recording is illegal in many states if you don't alert the other party that you intend to record the call.

MordecaiP

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Recording calls

Please do not imply that recording calls is immoral. It is not, depending on the situation and there are many situations where it is useful, protective, and very legal. I have no problem with it.

The state I'm in says it's ok as long as the recorder is one of the parties speaking, and you do not have to tell the person you are recording. I see nothing wrong with this. I do see wrong in reading other people's email, bugging calls, and bugging any conversation that you're not speaking in.

It would be easy to record other people talking. Most of us don't do it. Having it on a phone is the same: those of us with empathetic morals would not do it.

I hope the windows folks start to have some software available for this.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not want to void the warranty on my phone the moment I get it. I do not want to have to "unlock" it. If I wanted to do that I would have stayed with android.

:ninja:vanish:excl:

oh horse ****. Half the things people want to do with Android requires rooting it...don't give me that crap. People often times unfairly compare the "customizability" of rooted android to Windows when in fact out of the box it doesn't offer much over windows phone.

TrophyGuy

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
To all of those who imply that lack of a call recording app is somehow due to legal issues, explain why there are so many for android ?

Oh, and there was at least one app for WP 6.5 that would record calls.

No, it's just another reason not to buy WP.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To all of those who imply that lack of a call recording app is somehow due to legal issues, explain why there are so many for android ?

Oh, and there was at least one app for WP 6.5 that would record calls.

No, it's just another reason not to buy WP.
As I said in the other thread, I don't think it's because of legal issues, it's just the limitation that third party apps can't run in the background. I believe that Android call recorders just capture directly from the microphone and speaker. Since apps can run in the background on Android, you can use it to record calls. That's also why you can't do it on WP or iOS, since you can't record from the microphone while on a call.

That's my guess anyway. I could be wrong.

spikeybadooks

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
you CAN record phone calls on wp7. I just tried it out making a voice mail call and it seemed to work pretty well. Its an app called Call Recorder. I think you can even send the recordings to skydrive

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
As I said in the other thread, I don't think it's because of legal issues, it's just the limitation that third party apps can't run in the background. I believe that Android call recorders just capture directly from the microphone and speaker. Since apps can run in the background on Android, you can use it to record calls. That's also why you can't do it on WP or iOS, since you can't record from the microphone while on a call.

That's my guess anyway. I could be wrong.

I think you're right. I think the legal issues apply maybe to Microsoft, Apple, and RIM. There may be a reason why all modern smartphones don't have call recording built-in as a function of the OS, while some dumbphones or maybe even Symbian smartphones had a call recorder built into the OS. I know a few of my old Sony Ericsson dumbphones had a call recording feature.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
you CAN record phone calls on wp7. I just tried it out making a voice mail call and it seemed to work pretty well. Its an app called Call Recorder. I think you can even send the recordings to skydrive

I think I just saw it, but you have to turn on the speakerphone during the call?

I think an app I saw on iOS had a better solution. It would set up a three-way call and record the call from their end. Only downside was you had to pay per hour of call recording.

mtbracer1966

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not really illegal... it's just that the recordings are not admissible in court... and that's only in 12 states.

Not to mention it's a stupid law... I can legally record any conversation I have, with anyone, as long as it's not over the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo