Best Stock Tracking App?

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I used the Daily Finance app on my iPhone. It allowed me to input the date I bought shares in a company, buy price, commission, etc. It would then give me the ability to see my return amount in percentages or dollar amount for both individual stocks and my entire portfolio.

Is there something comparable to this on WP?

mike 555

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You can try 'MyStocks' by AngryNapkin.. it tracks your portfolio value, cost basis, daily/overall changes for individual holdings and portfolio holdings, and has live tile support. You can enter buy/sell commissions as well. I am the author by the way - feel free to send feedback.

Last edited:

mike 555

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
They're on a 0-30 minute delay depending on the market (the last traded time is shown in app and on live tile). The data is pulled from Yahoo! Finance. I plan to add real time support sometime in January by using a different data source (i.e. Google finance) which provides real time quotes.

Last edited:

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I used the Daily Finance app on my iPhone. It allowed me to input the date I bought shares in a company, buy price, commission, etc. It would then give me the ability to see my return amount in percentages or dollar amount for both individual stocks and my entire portfolio.

MarketWatch is not free, but it will allow you to enter the purchase date, stock price, and commission, and you can track stocks in your portfolio individually or the portfolio as a whole. I've used the app for several months, and it's very nice. Delayed quotes of course. It's been updated twice in the past couple of months, so development still seems to be active on it.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody found EU stock loving Stock Tracking App? Mostly looking support for OMX Helsinki and OMX Stockholm.
Nasdaq had great app on ipad and iphone, but seems like there's no WP version for now at least.

idavid

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can try 'MyStocks' by AngryNapkin.. it tracks your portfolio value, cost basis, daily/overall changes for individual holdings and portfolio holdings, and has live tile support. You can enter buy/sell commissions as well. I am the author by the way - feel free to send feedback.

Any chance of a version for UK stocks?

fjiggy

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Dont know if you found one yet you like, but go and try "Markets & Me", it is feature-rich, simple and fully functional, integrates with your Google portfolio if you have one. Oh btw disclaimer: I'm the developer :) But still check it out, you'll love it.

Mr Genie

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Try our product moneyGenie for Stocks Watch & Portfolio Management on Windows Phone

Free Version - moneyGenie - Stocks & Portfolio Management | Windows Phone Stocks App

Trial/Paid Version - moneyGenie - Stocks & Portfolio Management Pro | Windows Phone Stocks App

moneyGenie is a simple but smart stock market application that allows investors to track equity prices across various stock markets in the world. It offers sophisticated Portfolio Management using multiple portfolios with multi-currency support and support for Long as well as Short positions with cash or margin trades. It offers multiple watchlists and portfolios with highly optimized fast refresh allowing users to track even 100+ stocks in very organized and effective manner. It offers neat and clean, pleasant intuitive UI with original phone theme awareness.

Portfolio management offers multiple portfolios with sophisticated functionality to track Long and Short positions with Cash or Margin trades. User can average out their positions by adding more stocks. Users can partial close or fully close their positions. Portfolio supports multi-currency.

Charts offered by application very intuitive and can be operated with single hand. It supports line as well as candle chart. Chart are offered for daily, weekly and monthly periods.

Business News allows users to track their favourite business RSS feeds. moneyGenie is integrated with Facebook to allow users to post stock tips directly from the application.

Below is key features list

- Tracking of equity prices in multiple markets across the world
- Portfolio management with multi-currency support
- Multiple portfolios to manage your funds/investments
- Support for long and short positions
- Support for positions with margin based trades
- Multiple watchlists to organize your stocks
- Multiple watchlist views
- Realtime quotes for majority of the key world markets
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly charts
- Offline viewing of prices
- Candle chart pattern for 5 days
- Volume chart with average volume information for 5 days
- Multiple currency support
- Live tiles with background updates and deep link
- Smart refresh and background update logic to save battery
- Quote streaming from google finance
- User theme awareness
- Stock specific news updates from Google News
- Business news from various sources across the world

Last edited:

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
One nice thing I've been looking for and haven't found is the ability to create multiple portfolios with a certain number of stocks and then pin the portfolio. It would be very similar to all the apps that have your top stocks and then daily/overall change, but the ability to be broken down into different groups. I'd like to do it for stocks owned, 401K, wife's 401K, etc. instead of having ALL holdings grouped together.

Any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers