MetroTube vs SuperTube vs Others?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Currently use Metrotube, slick interface and from my experience, seems to have fast buffering/decoding of the video. I also use easyTube because it supports downloading of videos/viewing offline.

If Metrotube supported that, which they won't ever because I asked, then I would solely use metrotube

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there any YouTube app that allows you to upload videos straight from your phone?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there will be a YouTube app that'll let you upload in the future. right now I'm using metrotube, but it doesn't have a watch later playlist, which is is the only playlist that i use. SuperTube as an ugly UI.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
MetroTube. Don't really have need to download videos on my phone, so that's a feature I don't miss. And I believe they are working on letting you upload for a next release, which I can see more use for.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe SuperTube allows for downloads. I rarely go on YouTube, but was wondering what everyone used.

I already purchased for MetroTube and SuperTube.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded supertube to try it and it seems better at streaming in a weak signal area than metrotube.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
There wont be a next release of MetroTube. The developer announced the app will no longer be available in the marketplace as of Jan 1, 2012, and it will no longer be supported.

Edit: duh, should refresh before posting

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No need to even download it... If you format, you're not gonna be able to download it.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 device using Board Express

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I like metrotube, I hate they won't be able to continue supporting it.

I hope Microsoft manage to sort this out soon. They have the new youtube app on the xbox now, so hopefully they can put it right with Windows Phone. Google is really starting to piss me off now. Its clear they are just doing this to stop WP7. Obviously it is starting to become a threat to their ****ty android.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Does this effect all ytube clients? And is it really pulled in a way that prevents you from redownloading even after you have paid for it once?

I know in iOS, even when the app is taken off the market, you can log in to your account, review previous purchases and download from there. Does the MS marketplace website allow this? (trying to decide whether or not to buy before I read the posts above)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen apps that I've had being pulled from the Marketplace and they even disappear from your download history.

Don't think i've had any purchased ones so can't vouch for them remaining, I don't think they do though because I remember a couple of XBox live game titles being pulled after their licence had expired and I'm sure users who had purchased them could no longer download them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss